+ Follow This Topic

Thread: one sided relationship?

one sided relationship?

i've been in a few relationships where it seems like i'm the only one that shows affection....a few of my past girlfriends seem like theyre scared to touch me or let me know how they feel....are they just shy or what...how can u let them know that guys like to be touched to

Hard to say on that much info. There could be a lot of reasons. Your and their age also is a factor. If you're young, then it's very likely they're just shy and nervous. If you're older, it could be a lot of things.

For me, what I do, is I essentially drop out of the relationship for a bit. "Let her go" if you will. She'll either come back after you, or drift away. Either way, you'll know the deal with her. It could be you're so forward that she feels it's sort of become your role to take the initiative (and it's true that many girls will wait for guys to make moves, especially in the beginning).

But all in all, it's hard to say.

Tell them how you feel and ask them why it seems that they don't show affection. That should at least get you SOME sort of answer.

Alexi

Oh my word. Can't help with this one dude. That is SO foreign to me. I've never known ANY man that has shown more affection in a relationship than the woman. All my girlfriends complain that their "guy" won't show affection. Bizarre. But I think Alexi and Dragoon's answers were bang on. Maybe your past gf's haven't been the affectionate type. Weird, I know, but hey, it could happen.