+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dealing with a girl from England

Dealing with a girl from England

Anyone ever dated a girl from England? I never dated one so I'm not sure how they are like. Thats why I'm asking.
    One thing for sure they are very polite.

What do English girls look for in a guy?
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Never been dating England girls. So I don't have any idea with it.

Have kind heart, that's all.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whereabouts in England? There's still a fair bit of class distinction there, even if not explicitly mentioned, so that may matter also.

You could always watch Monty Python vids on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Whereabouts in England? There's still a fair bit of class distinction there, even if not explicitly mentioned, so that may matter also.

You could always watch Monty Python vids on youtube.
    I'm not really sure at this point but will find out.
    She does speak with a very upper middle class accent from what I'm getting.

Watch Monety Python vids huh!?

The killer rabbit remember that episode. heh heh
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, *in general*, Brits tend to be more reserved. If she's from the midlands, try taking her hiking. If she's from someplace more urban, suggest a museum or a chic coffeehouse.

See if you can get her to discuss places of interest. I tend to gravitate towards the architectural/historical places: Housteads/Hadrians wall, various castles, Bath... you get the idea.

Don't ask her about Buckingham palace. Its actually very touristy and (I think) a rather tacky lump of a huge house. Its like asking americans about the White House.

Hope this helps, Henry. Oh, and here's a python clip for you (just the audio, skip the visual):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtNkaWJid9I"]YouTube - Monty Python - Are you embarrassed easily? (runescape)[/ame]

Yeah I try to connect with her more and see what type of personality she is like.

But I sense British girls tend to be more conservative than American or Canadian girls are.

btw I know with women in North America being too nice of a guy seems to be like a bad thing. Not sure about English girls though. Do you think of me being too polite is a bad thing???

I'm british so really all i know is british girls, but if u said they're higher middle class, well i think u did, politness is good. Just don't go over the top. Be a nice guy, and urself, i should think she doesn't really know what to expect from you either.

If you're looking for someone to just sleep with Essex is the way forward. Same goes if you want a cocktail of STD's.

If you want a nice girl the countryside is the way to go.
    We're not all that bad you know

im in england currently on a 2 year stint the military gave me....the women here are the same in america in my opinion...(at least around the cambridge area). Infact, the whole american thing will work for you if you play it right....all woman are attracted to the same thing. Confidence, humor, and dress decently.

I know a few brits (I mean we give them a hard time here since we're aussies, but just pure jokes damn poms!)

Guess what? They're just like anyone else accents or where they come from doesn't really mean anything. My friend goes wild but to those that haven't met her they think she's always polite and upper-class just because of her accent.

Though (I feel like I will be flamed here haha), most of the english people I know do whinge more than usual but I've noticed it's just who they are and they're not really whinging at all.