+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lost my job today

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, focus on school then. As for your ex, don't interpret her daily checks on you as anything more than a scientist checking out an interesting experiment. There are women who love the drama of causing an ex pain (ask any divorce lawyer). I think she might be working up to contacting you b/c YOU aren't biting, so her ego isn't getting stroked (and who knows what else). Stay the course.

Welcome back Cain. Missed ya!
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yup, i feel you. i have been fired before and boy did it suck. but look on the bright side, it's always a door to a new beginning. hopefully it will work out for the better, like it did me.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, whatever you do, don't take this AT ALL personally, SB.

I just read that another several hundred Ford workers in Australia are losing their jobs. I think that brings it up to almost 700 ppl.

Its the times. You've been swept up in the equivalent of a tornado that sweeps through a town & your house happened to be in its unlucky path.

Stock market went up yesterday & down again today. Things are still oscillating, but without those huge dips. Hopefully this is a sign things are at least stabilizing.

I'm trying to keep my chin up, but it's a struggle sometimes. My anxiety isn't panicking me, but abstractly it's always there in the background. The nagging question of how long it's going to take for me to get back on my feet.

That being said I'm trying to enjoy my new freedom a bit. There is something nice about being on my own time again. As long as I feel like I've sent out enough resumes or followed enough leads, I can go to the gym or surf the net. It's refreshing.

However, I'd still much rather have a job.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the sloth called me yesterday. He calls from an "unavailable" number and I picked up thinking it was a potential employer. He told me I was welcome to come to New Mexico for a while since I didn't have a job holding me down.

Haha, yeah. That's exactly what I need to do. Buy a plane ticket and blow off my life for a while. I'll go smoke pot in some tent with him while my severance wastes away.

As beautiful as New Mexico sounds sometimes, it ain't happening.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post

Haha, yeah. That's exactly what I need to do. Buy a plane ticket and blow off my life for a while. I'll go smoke pot in some tent with him while my severance wastes away.
    And he'd be happy to help you spend it that much faster, I'm sure.

Tell him, sure, if he pays for your ticket & your internet connection so you can send resumes & check your msgs.

What a leech.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345