+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need some guidance.

In need some guidance.

There is a girl in my school that I really like. She is in one of my classes and I liked her for quite a while. I finally gained enough courage to talk to her recently. It was rather corny, basically a question about some class and a little complement to her. I know it was rather weak but at least I tried. So, now I have a problem of following this up. How should I continue with this?

Also, my second question is that, I tend not to have a shy nature, yet with this girl I do. I have no problems talking girls that I know but I am not attracted to them. Why am I so nervous with her?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by SmK; 12-10-08 at 09:27 AM.

Everyone is like that. No problems talking to women that you aren't attracted to, but you get nervous, shy, forget what to say when talking to attractive women. It's normal.

is there a remedy? Also, can you tell me what I should do now? How to follow up my move so to say.

Well, with girls you like and find attractive, you want them to like and find you attractive too. So you're extra consious of the way you present yourself and try extra hard to impress. You may feel like you're incapable of living up to 'her standards' (that you created) and so comes shyness.

Before I can suggest any kind of follow-up, it would be good to know what exactly you said and what the situation was... also, what her reaction was.

how old are you?

how old is who?

Well, it was basically a simple what did we have in this class type of question. We talked for a little bit, I would guess about 3-4 minutes. I then lean in a bit, complement her eyes. She smiles, gets a bit red, looks away at her locker and says thanks. I say no problem and tell her I'll see her around. After that I walk away. At the moment I am seventeen.

If she blushed and looked away that's a good sign. But try not to complement her every time you see her, it may scare her off and make you come accross as desperate or too demanding.

Otherwise keep doing what you're doing. Talk about the class work, offer to have lunch with her, and see what goes on from there.

Well, should I just once again approach her with the question about class work? Also, the lunch thing will not work because she is in a different lunch period then me.

If you're in her class, talk to her before and after. Don't go out of your way to talk to her out of class about the class, because I would think that's odd, and you a bit tactless

She always sits with her friends during the class and she walks a completely different way out of the class then I do. Also, before the class I sometimes see her in the hallways.

Quote Originally Posted by SmK View Post
    She always sits with her friends during the class and she walks a completely different way out of the class then I do. Also, before the class I sometimes see her in the hallways.
    well, if you see her in the hallway, use it to your advantage to walk wth her to class and use it as an opportunity to sit near her and walk out with her.

Wouldn't that be a bit awkward since we only really talked once?

Dude, you asked how you could follow up, and that is the least intrusive and most casual thing you can do. If you keep rebutting everything, I will eventually run out of ideas. Anyone else got anything?

or moe importantly, what do YOU think are some things you could do?

I'm sorry, I was wondering, not rebutting anything. No need for such a anger filled response. A simple no would have done. Thank you for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast