+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake it

Fake it

It’s an interesting subject. Fakeness. Why do people feel it necessary to be fake when it’s not really needed? I mean sometimes it’s used when in business. Charming people and showing interest and having tact in something out of politeness is understandable.

But this need for some people to fake their way into friendships. It’s more obvious than the faker realises. Funny I’ve noticed particularly 2 people on this forum who are always fake….(it’s really really obvious to me)…I don’t get it? Why? Just to be accepted? On a forum?!!! Haha.

Now people please don’t take offense here but I personally found of all the countries I’ve been to that the Americans are soooo on top of this fakeness e.g: ’have a nice day’

I seriously don’t tell anyone to have a good/nice day if I don’t mean it….i simply say ‘bye’ but that’s just an example. If someone asks me a question (I know… if I’m honest will hurt them) then I say nothing, I may just nod that I understood with an mmm. People generally don’t insist and I usually change the subject in as subtle way as possible.

I have to say I really don’t like to lie unless it’s a joke I’m making. I have a deep belly laugh that I have always had, not a girly one. When I was younger I thought about holding it back but of course decided not to. As time has gone by some guys have even said that’s what attracted them to me.

maybe it’s a catholic thing I don’t know.

My best friend and I have sometimes major debates about things, but one thing for sure no matter what, we agree that people are now way too fake and it’s boring. They are all trying to become the same person.

Some people just can’t have a decent debate. Honesty is so much more interesting imo. We all have the ability to be fake but why bother?

1) to fit in?
    2) to impress someone?
    3) To become popular in the group?

all of above?

Is this what it really comes down to?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    Funny I’ve noticed particularly 2 people on this forum who are always fake….(it’s really really obvious to me)…I don’t get it? Why? Just to be accepted? On a forum?!!! Haha.
    Trying to stir up shit on the forums, Eco? Is your real life not exciting enough?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I know it's not me. I'll tell you if I don't like you.

Eco. I don't like you.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Now people please don’t take offense here but I personally found of all the countries I’ve been to that the Americans are soooo on top of this fakeness e.g: ’have a nice day’

I seriously don’t tell anyone to have a good/nice day if I don’t mean it….
    What makes you think nobody else means it? Has it occurred to you that perhaps other people DO mean it when they wish someone a nice day? Maybe you are just particularly unfriendly.

You are very odd.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who are the two fakers? Let's have a group lynching.

I hope I get to be one of them!

I think one of them is me. Probably because Dopple called me two-faced in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Trying to stir up shit on the forums, Eco? Is your real life not exciting enough?
    well it was yourself that focused on that part...stirring it????. You're not fake all the time imo. But the post is a legitimate subject..do you not think so?

i see the forum as my way to express ideas and as a bit of fun. i'm not going to bother being fake about it.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I really wish you would just f-ck off eco.

Eco, post your picture. I want to see what you look like. Since you aren't a faker.

You're not fake all the time imo.
    Hahaha, but I'm fake some of the time? I knew one of them was me!

Your tits are fake.
    I don't chase, I replace.

no seriously starbuck it's definitely not you i'm talking about. you're getting para now. i think you have plenty of interesting things to say on the LF that aren't contrived.

It’s an interesting subject. Fakeness. Why do people feel it necessary to be fake when it’s not really needed?
    Because if society was so chaotic that everybody acted the way they pleased, well, on the forum for example, you'd have already been banned, and ip blocked, and someone would probably use your ip to find who you were, come to your house and try to kill you.

But this need for some people to fake their way into friendships. It’s more obvious than the faker realises. Funny I’ve noticed particularly 2 people on this forum who are always fake….(it’s really really obvious to me)…I don’t get it? Why? Just to be accepted? On a forum?!!! Haha.
    I fake all the time. My sarcastic attitude is inseparable from my true feelings. The snide manner in which you mentioned hints that you aren't referring to me, though, knowing you admire me so much. Faking has its pros and cons... for what it's worth.

Well top o' the morning to ya.

I seriously don’t tell anyone to have a good/nice day if I don’t mean it….i simply say ‘bye’ but that’s just an example. If someone asks me a question (I know… if I’m honest will hurt them) then I say nothing, I may just nod that I understood with an mmm. People generally don’t insist and I usually change the subject in as subtle way as possible.
    That's because you are impolite and antisocial... or maybe you don't understand that "Have a nice day" is just another way of saying bye, and you're reading between the lines.

My best friend and I have sometimes major debates about things, but one thing for sure no matter what, we agree that people are now way too fake and it’s boring. They are all trying to become the same person.
    By 'becoming the same person' you mean become more intelligent? By golly, no wonder.... anyway, because it is human nature to find order out of chaos, we can also say that ideas and personality are separable entities; we can examine the same subjects, but from different perspectives.

Some people just can’t have a decent debate. Honesty is so much more interesting imo. We all have the ability to be fake but why bother?
    Maybe some people don't want to debate. Ya can't force it on a person, you just have to understand that a person's feelings matter just as much, if not more than the ideas of subject. That's why people are 'fake', as you say it, or social, as I would say it; if you're not social, than you fail at debating altogether, which is why people are continually irritated by your posts.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 14-10-08 at 01:31 PM.

I know there are "fake" people out there, but you use the example of someone saying "have a nice day." That's not necessarily fake. It's more of a courtesy or a social niceity.

Is there something wrong with wanting to be pleasant in social situations? Sometimes you have to, like for example at work, where your business reputation might be on the line if you're bitchy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast