+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weighty comments

Weighty comments

Ever since I was about 12 and puberty set in...I have had weight problems or so I've been led to believe all my life. I've been teased because my hips are wide for years. At one point in my twenties it got to be so bad, that I broke and decided to stop eating and became anorexic. It worked, but I ended up having to go to the doctor for stomach ulcers which were VERY painful. So I had NO choice but to start eating regularly again.

I'm now in my early thirties and the battle continues. Every now and again people make horrible comments and I try to brush it off. But these are people that I know. This morning however, a complete stranger got off his phone and began to hurl insults at me. He asked, first of all, why I was so fat, and wasn't I afraid of my clothes giving way. All I could do was pretend not to hear it and pretend not to feel hurt. But inside I wanted more than anything else to die. I know that there are some who will think that I'm being petty, but until you walk in someone else's shoes don't judge.

Somehow I think that comments such as those from that person are not towards someone with just "wide hips". Why did you stop eating? Can't you just eat less and work out?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Somehow I think that comments such as those from that person are not towards someone with just "wide hips". Why did you stop eating? Can't you just eat less and work out?
    That's what I'm doing now.....it DOESN'T work.

Only-virgins says:

"Somehow I think that comments such as those from that person are not towards someone with just "wide hips". Why did you stop eating? Can't you just eat less and work out?"

x2 how tall are you and how much do you weigh? I have a feeling you lack the willpower to stop eating as much and exercise regularly. So you blame your problem on "wide hips."

If it bothers you this much then do something about it.

Remember dieting is only 50% of the battle... you have to eat a healthy diet and get regular exercise.

i think you need to look within yourself. if you're able to be happy with yourself; then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. never worry about your weight..worry more about how happy you are and how healthy you are before anyone else's opinion

be happy, guaranteed you'll live longer
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I think EVERYONE has issues. People with weight issues just wear their problems more visibly. People whose issues are more easily hidden think they are better, but in my experience, that is far from the truth. They are just better at lying to themselves.

And BTW - yes a person CAN have disproportionately large hips. You can easily see it by looking at their body type and by looking at x-rays.