+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Definition

Definition

Lets say you don't know the meaning of the word dictionary. How do you know what book to look it up in?

or what if you don't know how to spell psychology or psoriasis. How do you look that up? And what's up with all those 'n' words that start with a freakin k?? Like, knife, knee, know, kneel, knot, knight, etc. etc. etc. The English language is wacked!

yes.........I have too much time on my hands.
    Last edited by Breezy18; 19-05-04 at 10:47 AM.

oh man i so agree! i have major issues spelling words in my classes. medical terms. they are always spelled so weird. i have a dictonary for it...but if i can't even spell it right i'm not going to find it.

my solution...phonetics! did i even spell that right???
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

how about ebonics LMAO

language is wacked!
    I've been told time and time again that english is one of the harder languages to learn (unless you grew up learning it)

Alexi

Quote Originally Posted by hallanole
    oh man i so agree! i have major issues spelling words in my classes. medical terms. they are always spelled so weird. i have a dictonary for it...but if i can't even spell it right i'm not going to find it.

my solution...phonetics! did i even spell that right???

Too right Halla. Medical terms. Don't even start! When I was in college, I had a friend who was taking medical something or other (lol), and the words she had to learn how to spell! Man!! I would have flunked for sure!

Alexi, I was told that too! Thank God I was born to English speaking parents! I thought learning French and Spanish was hard! Geesh! (2 languages I STILL haven't mastered by the way. It must be easier when you speak it everyday. I don't have anyone to talk to, so it's making it very difficult. Can only talk to yourself so much! lol )

Hey I took medical terminology and that sucked...ONE freaking letter changes the whole meaning of the word! Oh that was a tough class...

Anyway I use the dictionary when I see a real ass I say "hey under so and so's name in the dictionary-you'll see his pic" or like right now I could say hey if you want to see the most adorable man look in the dictionary under "Ironliftr3" you'll see his name and pic...

Im glad I grew up with English...I tried to take up Spanish in college-uh can we say WTF? I dropped out. Now I will say I think Italian is the most romantic language-I do have an interpeter on my favorites and another site which helps pronounce out the words...very cool-Id love to speak Italian-but I have to say thank you to Jane for pointing me in that direction...

When do people really ever use the dictionary???? I just ask Iron now!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

yes very hard. try this.... otorhinolarynxologist. ok that might be a bit of a typo there. and that there is your ear nose and throat doctor. now just try saying that.

ebonics. *rolls eyes* as i say to the "boys"...i'm a white girl and you have to speak white around me. i really did say that and this girl hit the floor laughing.

i can read spanish and hear it pretty well. i just won't speak or write it. i will now speak the stuff they play on dora for my daughter. she cracks up that i can speak it.

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Italian............GREAT food! Wait, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah......English. Yes yes, I would love to learn Italian too Squirrely. But I work with this fat, over-bearing, sexist, and totally obnoxious Italian who's turned me RIGHT off learning it. Stupid ignoramus!

As for USING the dictionary. I've often been accused of eating one for breakfast. But I think I'm just using normal, everyday words. Weird. I mean, it's not like I try to discuss existentialism or anything.

hey i almost knew that word! I knew it had something to do with ears nose and throat and had to be a doc of some kind-but hell thats a new one on me! Must be the extended version of it. the laranyx and ologist i knew!

Damn thats a hard class...what are you going for Halla?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

medical assisting. got a b in medical terminology...that is without studying. lol.

right now i'm learning the gross stuff and how to make it all better. current topic surgical aspesis.

can you get aspesis???

medical assisting. got a b in medical terminology...that is without studying. lol.

right now i'm learning the gross stuff and how to make it all better. current topic surgical aspesis.

can you get aspesis???
    I think anyone with the proper attitude can get aspesis. All it takes is a bit 'o hard work and elbow grease! NEVER GIVE UP THE DREAM! ASPESIS IS ALMOST WITHIN YOUR GRASP! Just keep reaching. If you want it bad enough, aspesis WILL happen.

Alexi

omg lmao. you just gave it a whole new meaning in my head.

bad alexi bad. lol.

peshkunta Guest
    I'M BEING KICKED OUT OF THIS FORUM BY THE MODERATORS (Illusional and Squirrley)
    AND BEFORE I GO, I WANTED TO EXERCISE MY RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH BEFORE THEY SHUT ME DOWN,
    AND START DELETING MY POSTS AGAIN. I'M ASKING THE MODERATORS NOT TO DELETE THIS AND LET YOU
    GUYS DECIDE IF I DESERVED TO BE KICKED OUT, ALTHOUGH EVEN IF THEY LET ME STAY, I'M GOING TO LEAVE ANYWAY.
    YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY.

I HAD POSTED RECENTLY A TOPIC NAMED "Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Where I was trying to get people to go and sign a petition that would help acquit six Bulgarian nurses of
    being executed by firing squad. Read about it here:

[url]http://www.bgnewsnet.com/story.php?sid=5053[/url]
    [url]http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archi...4/13/c2988.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....storyID=5076792[/url]
    [url]http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=34383[/url]
    [url]http://www.terradaily.com/2004/0405...6.hn0qwjp2.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.cna-nurses.ca/pages/pres...rian_nurses.htm[/url]

I POSTED A LINK WITH THE PETITION and Illusional (moderator), deleted the link and left the news links, for "informational purposes."
    I can't give you exactly what he said because the moderators, either him or Squirley deleted my whole post. Illusional posted explaining that he deleted,
    the link with the petition and called it a "chain letter", even though he probably EVEN DIDN'T LOOK AT IT!!!
    I WAS SHOCKED AT THAT and posted this in return:
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************
    This is not a chain letter you ****ING SELFISH bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is someone's life we are talking about - it could've been yours.
    Stop thinking about your small-ass-selfish, insignificant problems and help someone for real at least once in your life. This forum sucks!!!!! When you need help most you cant get it. I've been here for a while now and have had responses to my stupid little selfish questions, and now when I really need your help, this is what I get.

You should not be a moderator Illusional. Your compassion is Illusional, too and a person like that should not be moderating a love forum!!!!!!!
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************
    On this post I got a response from Squirrley, WITH THE TITLE, and I quote, "It's great to be ALIVE" Can you believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was basically saing how could I insult Illusional, blah, blah... and that she wants to delete my post, but will "leave it" on so that "others" (you guys) can read it and see how "horrible" it is.

I POSTED THIS IN RETURN:
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************
    You are pathetic!!!

I can not believe there is people as ignorant and selfish as you!!! This forum is useless! No freedom of speech!

You are playing with people's lives! And one day when you are laying on your deathbed, dying of cancer, don't be wondering, "Why is this happening to me?"
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************
    BUT, SHE DIDN'T LEAVE IT AS SHE SAID SHE WOULD. SHE OR ILLUSIONAL DELETED MY POST!!!

I DON'T THINK IT WAS RIGHT NOT TO LET YOU DECIDE HOW YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL ABOUT THIS. AND NOT KNOW OF THIS
    AND THE REACTION OF YOUR MODERATORS (THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE COMPASSIONATE AND HELP YOU). I'M POSTING
    THIS EVERYWHERE BECAUSE I'M NOT SURE THAT IT WILL GET TO YOU. BECAUSE MOST LIKELY THEY (THE MODERATORS) WILL DELETE IT LIKE
    THEY DID THE FIRST TIME.
    I AM LEAVING THIS FORUM BECAUSE THOSE TWO PEOPLE HAVE SHOWN ME THEY HAVE NO HEARTS. WHO WOULD WANT
    A RESPONSE FROM SOMEONE AS SELFISH AND HEARTLESS AS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I WANT TO SAY GOODBYE AND TAKE CARE
    TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE COMPASSION FOR OTHER PEOPLE AND REALLY CARE!!!!!!! Jay-Tea, Killerbabe, Zekk, sfalexy, PandaCivic, Tooxshort, Pretender, Shafkore, it's been nice, guys.

omg lmao. you just gave it a whole new meaning in my head.

bad alexi bad. lol.
    BTW, what was it's ORIGINAL meaning? What'd I just write? I tried to look it up in my webster's but it's not there (guess it's too uncommon a term EVEN FOR THEM! That's pretty damned hard to do)

lmao. without infection.

there is a dictionary for medical. only i'm way way to lazy to go out to my car and find it.

i can so toss crazy medical words out it will make your head spin. but i find it pretty interesting and notice i try to break down normal words to find the real meaning behind them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast