+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Recalls Game Due to Offensive Islamic Lyrics

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Sony Recalls Game Due to Offensive Islamic Lyrics

Pulled straight out of the Koran.

It may or may not have actually been in the game, read the article for details.

I got a kick out of it, though.

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/news/6199562.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;4[/url]

Yeaa, little big Planet...that game looks awesome and fun as hell though. FAR CRY 2 for PC tomorrow....*splat*
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope they make Far Cry 2 somethin' different from Far Cry and Crysis.

I seriously felt like I was playing the same game despite the abilities and shit.
    Last edited by Junket; 21-10-08 at 08:17 AM.

Crazy. How does this stuff even end up happening? It seems like such a random thing to put in a game.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I want that game so bad too! Looks like a good game!

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I hope they make Far Cry 2 somethin' different from Far Cry and Crysis.

I seriously felt like I was playing the same game despite the littler abilities and shit.
    I never played the first Far Cry but I like open ended gameplay and large environments. I am confident in the fact that Crysis is the best shooter made thus far...we will see if Far Cry 2 de-thrones it...though I doubt it as they wanted to fit the same game on the console ...all of it...and probably means that the PC version is dumbed down.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 21-10-08 at 07:50 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I am confident in the fact that Crysis is the best shooter made thus far...
    Wow. Fuccking noob

I really don't care.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never played the first Far Cry but I like open ended gameplay and large environments. I am confident in the fact that Crysis is the best shooter made thus far...we will see if Far Cry 2 de-thrones it...though I doubt it as they wanted to fit the same game on the console ...all of it...and probably means that the PC version is dumbed down.
    Crysis was seriously just a Far Cry clone.

Graphically Far Cry was well beyond anything else out at that time, as was Crysis when it first came out.

Althought, Far Cry was originally just a tech demo, they threw in a character and a silly story and let people run wild.

Crysis did seem to be more developed, by the AI and the game mechanics remained largely the same.

Oh, and Zilla, unless I ask whether or not you care, you can voice your indifference to the topic at hand by not posting in my thread at all.

Crysis was seriously just a Far Cry clone.

Graphically Far Cry was well beyond anything else out at that time, as was Crysis when it first came out.

Althought, Far Cry was originally just a tech demo, they threw in a character and a silly story and let people run wild.

Crysis did seem to be more developed, by the AI and the game mechanics remained largely the same.

Oh, and Zilla, unless I ask whether or not you care, you can voice your indifference to the topic at hand by not posting in my thread at all.
    When Crysis came out? Crysis still is the best looking game. lol though that really took away from the charm of its gameplay because it is better than most generic straight forward linear shooters these days but it just looks so good that it MUST have bad gameplay.

Your read this shit off a review like you know shit. Have you beaten the game a few times on every difficulty and really dove into the game? I hate people who claim to know shit about shit they know nothing about. The AI is great on the hardest difficulty...however they can be dumb on the easiest. The expansion even made it better.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Wow. Fuccking noob

What is better? Don't tell me a shooter on the console. what do you play? Call of Doody 4? lol worst purchase I ever did that game. I know...off topic but damn... that game sucks ass I got ripped off
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 21-10-08 at 11:33 AM.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgddajI5WJY"]YouTube - LBP create a level HD[/ame]

Those who don't know what it is here is a small trailer. I think the recall is trange, how do you not notice lyrics like that.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't really care about what looks best. Crysis was just a shooter with purdy graphics. Half-life 2 is plenty pretty for me, plus the story and gameplay are far more interesting.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Crysis was just a shooter with purdy graphics.
    That is like the typical response. I love half life 2. The story was better in HL2, but not the gameplay. Crysis is more free and allows you to, you know, PLAY more. HL2 was to straight forward from one load screen to another. Sounds like you Judged Crysis like most others who have never actually played it. The story was more interesting in HL2, I will agree with that.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your read this shit off a review like you know shit. Have you beaten the game a few times on every difficulty and really dove into the game? I hate people who claim to know shit about shit they know nothing about. The AI is great on the hardest difficulty...however they can be dumb on the easiest. The expansion even made it better.
    Read off what?

Every time this game is brought up you rant and rave how awesome it is, going so far as claiming it's best shooter so far as a "fact"? Oh come on, there's nothing that screams denounce me! like someone claiming their opinion (and often obnoxious), a fact.

I didn't have to read a review because I played about 10 hours of the game and grew bored because I had already played Far Cry extensively back in the day. It's a good game, as Far Cry was, but it was absolutely nothing revolutionary. It was virtually Halo 2 after Halo. Or soon to be Gears of War 2 after Gears of War. Hell, I wouldn't have even played that game those few hours weren't for all of your hype about the game.

I think half of it is I just don't have the hours to pour into a game like that. You remind me of myself when I used to herald Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.

To that point there was virtually no game as huge and in depth as that one. Until 4: Oblivion. But Oblivion didn't capture me like the first one did...because it was a similar game, with more refinements.

For a sandbox first person shooter, Far Cry and the games that followed are the best, although practically unchallenged in that genre.

Read off what?

Every time this game is brought up you rant and rave how awesome it is, going so far as claiming it's best shooter so far as a "fact"? Oh come on, there's nothing that screams denounce me! like someone claiming their opinion (and often obnoxious), a fact.

I didn't have to read a review because I played about 10 hours of the game and grew bored because I had already played Far Cry extensively back in the day. It's a good game, as Far Cry was, but it was absolutely nothing revolutionary. It was virtually Halo 2 after Halo. Or soon to be Gears of War 2 after Gears of War. Hell, I wouldn't have even played that game those few hours weren't for all of your hype about the game.

I think half of it is I just don't have the hours to pour into a game like that. You remind me of myself when I used to herald Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.

To that point there was virtually no game as huge and in depth as that one. Until 4: Oblivion. But Oblivion didn't capture me like the first one did...because it was a similar game, with more refinements.

For a sandbox first person shooter, Far Cry and the games that followed are the best, although practically unchallenged in that genre.
    I'm not ranting anything. I post my opinion and people call me a noob. ****em. I for one am looking forward to Far Cry 2. It was either that game or Dead Space...but I'm going with FC2 as I don't play that much anymore of anything but Wipeout HD anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast