+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Either knock some sense into me or tell me what I'm gonna do is ok.

Either knock some sense into me or tell me what I'm gonna do is ok.

I met a guy at school 3 weeks ago. So far, he's amazing, and I really like him. He's told me he likes me too but wants to take things slow...so we're not dating right now, just getting to know each other. We hang out a lot and during the span of those 3 weeks he's reminded me that he does still like me and that he's happy he's taking things slow because most of the things he’s rushed into end really quick. He texts me a lot throughout the day to ask how I am and what I’m doing. Everything has gone pretty smooth and nice .

The problem? During the last week he’s revealed about his past relationships, and I do not know why I make such a big deal over this, but I get really jealous. First thing he told me that put me off is when we were talking about relationships and I asked him, "So how many relationships have you been in?" Considering his age and what he told me the first time we met, I thought maybe 2 or 3, but he slightly laughed and said that he couldn’t even count them there were so many. As the days went by more and more girls started popping out. I didn’t expect him to be that experienced. Now, he isn’t a player by any means, he’s a gentleman and such a sweetheart with me, he just happens to have more past experience. He’s told me about specific girls who he’s fallen really hard for, and it just makes me feel less special, I don’t want to be one of those many girls.

Yesterday I was feeling a little down and I came to de the decision that I don’t want to pursue anything with this guy. I want to end things before I get too attached and we start a relationship. I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing, I don’t want to regret it later. My plan is to talk to him tomorrow after class (he usually waits for me), and I tell him that I don’t want to pursue anything with him anymore. Of course he’s gonna ask me why, and I’ll try to keep it short telling him that it has nothing to do with him or something he’s said, but rather it’s a decision I’ve made to not want to date anybody at the moment. Does it sound good?

On the one hand he's so attentive with me, he's such a nice guy, but on the other hand I can't erase those comments about his past relationships from my mind!

You're not ready to have this kind of relationship. You need to find someone less experienced, so you can be the first and only. It won't always be like this. When you get older, it won't bother you that they've had experience. In fact, you'll see it as training that was done by others that you don't have to do.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You're not ready to have this kind of relationship. You need to find someone less experienced, so you can be the first and only. It won't always be like this. When you get older, it won't bother you that they've had experience. In fact, you'll see it as training that was done by others that you don't have to do.
    You're right, I guess I'm really naive but I always wanted to find someone as inexperienced as me, maybe not completely inexperienced, but just not too much. The funny thing is that he's younger than me. The older I get, the harder it will be to find someone that's less experienced. It's really hard to find a nice, sweet guy these days that's romantic and places a lot of value on relationships and girls, not just goes into things really quick. Anyway, is the explanation I'm going to give him ok? I don't want to be put into a position where he asks too many questions.

You don't owe him a lengthy explanation. Just tell him it's not working for you.
    Spammer Spanker