+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there some kinds of limitations to personal attacks on LF?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Are there some kinds of limitations to personal attacks on LF?

Because I'd have to lump boobaa, lilwing, and Neo into the same category. Neo depending on if his video was meant as a joke

Outside from accusing people of being stupid in posts, which is nothing personal at all, lilwing thought it would be fair to use my actual name in real life he knew through Facebook several times in different threads, all the while under a name that would not let me know it was him. Cross the line much?

And boobaa, who thought keeping a quote taken completely out of context, again to make me look bad, would be the long-lasting joke on me, so I could be the butt of the joke for every post boobaa makes.

And then Neo takes a picture of myself from the gallery and incorporates into a video, and puts it on Youtube. Why do that? Something personal against me? Because that is something uncalled for

And after sending a PM to Neo with no response and nothing done about the video, even though Neo was on LF for a while, all I can guess is either he meant it to be a prick, or its a joke and he'll remove it

A lot of people on this board that disagree with me have been trying to level personal hits on me because that is all they have

So, is that tolerated on this board?

I know I'm new here but no I don't think that should ever be tolerated I guess some people take jokes way too far. My friend always says "a joke is a joke until someone gets hurt" and he is exactly the type of person who takes that joke too far. But also I guess (from my impression anyway) some of your replies were quite snipey and everyone starts to defend themselves and it just gets worse from there.
    Life's a beautiful melody, cept the lyric's a bit F'ed up.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DM, you know you've had your fair share of attacking people, personally, I think you, (like me), sometimes get a bit of a high off of confrontation. Thing is with that kind of reputation, the confrontation follows you thereafter in every other thread even when you don't feel like dealing with it.

So for one, you shouldn't be surprised by people's reactions considering your attitude towards people when thing get heated.

Two, people love it even more when they know they're getting to you.

Three, we've been incredibly lax with people in terms of the content of the threads because the attitude around here was that people would monitor their behavior regardless of the topic material. If I'm gonna start enforcing the real rules here, I can't just do it when it's favorable to somebody else.

You, and several other members in mind have butt heads with me before and I can only think of one whom I actually took any action against (who left on his own), because despite my little power trips, I'd rather you guys come back.

In terms of using your name and using your picture, we'll do what we can, but the Admin has not made it easy to find and remove pictures and it's a risk everyone takes when they post theirs. Trust me, I spent 15 minutes just hunting down the few pictures you had and removing them. And use of your name isn't easy to spot unless it's reported.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know Fras. I guess my point with this thread was to point out that some people are low enough to use whatever cheap tactics they have at their disposal

Unfortunately, some people can't draw the line between having an intense debate and going after strictly the person

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks Fras, way to earn those admin privileges

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Unfortunately, some people can't draw the line between having an intense debate and going after strictly the person
    You might want to remind yourself of that from time to time.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Power and praise give me a hard on.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But yes, I will try to be more restrained in my future posts and make them in threads of a less sensitive nature

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You might want to remind yourself of that from time to time.
    I would never remove someones anonymity or take attacks to the person themselves off of LF

I guess that is where I draw the line. I'll do whatever to username Gribble but won't use your name here and there and put your pictures on Youtube videos to put you at the end of a joke

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I do feel that anything that violates anonymity is over the line. People will stop coming if they feel their privacy is at risk.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

FYI, people, I've been told that the only way to delete your pics is to edit them and replace them with something else. I've spent QUITE a bit of time trying to find another way and I'm reasonable sure that there isn't one.

Look, we all take risks with people acting like jackasses on the internet, just like when we go out to bars we take the risk that we'll run into drunken fools. It's just part of the deal. You can't take it to heart, DM, you just can't.
    Spammer Spanker

DM man, you have to take things with a grain of salt at times. I found that when I started a heated topic, gawd I got crap from it. I couldn't take it so I quit starting threads that are heated. I wouldnt stop posting or leave the forum because of a few morons who upset you, I've had one in here years ago but it didnt stop me from coming here. I've found more support in this forum and laughs which outweighed the bs from a few others. That's what makes this forum go, all of the different personalties. I agree someone going out of there way to get your real name and do things is just obnoxious. BUT that being said, you've contributed alot to the forum and you should stick around!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thicker skin, kiddo. Lots of medicos are opinionated assholes, most smarter than what you've had to deal with here. Think of it as training for real life.

And yes, I think Neo has been a pissy bitch on here lately. What he did was wrong, IMO. Somethings not right with him, I hope he posts about it. I have less issues about LW & Boobaa except for the name use. Just hit the Report button for any posts like that in future.

*kiss* glad you are back. What flavour Glide do you want tonight?

Oh poor crybaby, everybodys is putting jokes on you

But some self criticism and ability to laugh at jokes on yourself isn't bad.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

*kiss* glad you are back. What flavour Glide do you want tonight?
    Dirty girl!
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast