+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Generally a bit confused

Generally a bit confused

My girlfriend and I split up over a month or so ago, and since then...I haven't been able to work out what it is I want. I know deep down I really want to take a break from the whole commitment thing; but I cannot decide whether I want to date or stay single or what.

It must sound like a trivial thing to get worked up over, but I just can't make up my mind about it. I guess in an ideal world I would really like to have a really close female friend - nothing sexual - to hang out with, share tastes, go out to places: things like that.

Unfortunately most of the girls I know all want long term commitment things and I don't want to go back there again. There's a girl at work I quite like, but I find her really attractive and I'm unsure as to whether I just want to be friends with her.

I really want to get to get to know her better, but at the same time I don't want to give her the wrong impression about anything as I am unsure about what I want. Any advice?

Sounds to me like the last thing you need is another commitment. Seems like you really need to find yourself first. The unexamined self, Is the unfulfilled self. However that doesn't mean you can't date. Go ahead and get to know/date whoever you feel the need to. Just make sure the lay it on the line from the beginning that you aren't planning on anything serious.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.