+ Follow This Topic

Thread: lack of indicators of interest - should I pursue?

lack of indicators of interest - should I pursue?

Yo whassup!

This is my first post here

I have the following question:

I consider myself to be a pretty cool guy, to the extent that women give me a lot of non-verbal idications of interest and approach indicators. However, I have been battling with the following problem. It has been occuring pretty regularly with different women.

When I find a woman interesting, I will express my interest, I will suggest get-togethers, generally try to move the "relationship" in the right direction

However, oftentimes the woman will say she "is too busy" or something to that effect. What is confusing me is that I have never been given "let's just be friends" treatment, I can tell from her non-verbal subcommunications that she is attracted to me, but when she is attracted to me but is still playing hard to get, it kinda annoys me and I tend to give up and drop them. What is it with some women never expressing interest? When can I legitimately expect her to start actively contributing to the "relationship"?

Like the woman I am currently seeing, when I suggest something, she agrees to it two times out of three, but never takes any initiative on her own. When that annoys me too much and I withdraw, she tries to get my interest back in a visibly awkward manner... It's like she wants to keep me around but never expressly show that she actually likes me and cares about me...

1. Is she stringing me along?
    2. Is she trying not to be a slut by reciprocating interest too quickly?
    3. Am I deluding myself somehow?
    4. Am I "too cool" and she's afraid she'll fall prey to a "player"?

Would be grateful for you ladies' take on the issue :-)

Regards
    Last edited by Sixpacj; 10-11-08 at 12:35 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post

However, oftentimes the woman will say she "is too busy" or something to that effect.
    It sounds like maybe you are misinterpreting her signals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Like the woman I am currently seeing, when I suggest something, she agrees to it two times out of three, but never takes any initiative on her own. When that annoys me too much and I withdraw, she tries to get my interest back in a visibly awkward manner... It's like she wants to keep me around but never expressly show that she actually likes me and cares about me...
    I suggest you have a conversation about whatever behavior you find troublesome at a time when you are NOT experiencing the problem. tell her specifically what you'd like. She will either comply, or she won't, but you will have your answer.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

How am I misinterpreting the signals? Am I reading too much into it, i.e. she is not interested, or the other way round?

Maybe she is nervous. She could really like you and not want to mess things up.

You should talk to her about it. She probably isn't aware that these things bother you.