+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend cries a lot!!! What does this mean? (I'm suspicous)

Boyfriend cries a lot!!! What does this mean? (I'm suspicous)

Well, let me put it this way...

He cries a LOT, and I mean a LOT, to the point where I am suspicious. For example, he cries about once or twice a week, sometimes only once every two weeks. Also, he cries over things that are really not a big deal. For example, crying because I was busy with homework, and that I haven't talked to him as often (maybe a half an hour a day, rather than 3 hours)

He does have self-esteem issues, and he tends to look down on himself for many reasons because he claims he can't "do anything right." I understand that this just adds to the reason of why he cries a lot, but still...I'm very suspicious.

I am not a mean person by all means. I respect and care for my boyfriend a lot, and I try my best to make sure he feels better about whatever he cries about. He does tell me that I make him happy all the time and that his self-esteem boosted like 3 times as much ever since he met me.

I am suspicious because of this:
    1. Who in the world tells you explicidly, "I have a low self-esteem, so I tend to look down on myself a lot." Those are his exact words, and he says it fairly often.

2. Whenever I have a bad day from school, work, etc., and I tell him I had a long day, he only replies by saying how "telling him I love him and giving him lots of hugs will make him happy." Isn't it weird to say that at such random moments such as that??? Especially when it's about me?

3. Whenever I ask him how he's doing, he just says he's okay or sad, but never asks how I am. It may sound like a petty reason to get suspicious, but wouldn't a boyfriend care how their girlfriend is doing, also???

Basically, I'm afraid he could be manipulating me, or just using me in order to make himself feel good, and not thinking or caring about how I feel.

WTF? Are there some kind of rules I don't know about? Your bf is a crybaby, but those 'suspicious' things you mentioned, I don't get... So there are rules that you can't say something honestly?

And what are you suspicious about?

He may not be an asker type maybe. But since he has low self esteem, he is probably overwhelmed by his own mind. He is not manipulating you, but he might be using you without him realizing. You should just bring it up that everything is not about him, be honest like he blatantly was. Ask him whats up.
    Don't expect anything.

Lol, there's no "rules" or whatever. I'm not even the suspicious type. I'm just worried because it's just weird to see someone cry so much, and to do all of the other reasons I mentioned above. For example, what if he's manipulating me by trying to get my sympathy. Some men do that I've heard. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but sometimes paranoia is the best survival trait when it comes to relationships.

I guess in a way, he could be using me without realizing it. He's not a bad guy. I just want to be very careful. I'm just saying he COULD be manipulating me, that's all. I'm still very suspicious though...

While it is possible that this is all an elaborate ruse, and he just wants to manipulate you... I think you need to strongly consider the obvious alternative. He is feeling unloved. I was in a relationship once where the girl I was dating was acting very similar to the way he's acting. I thought that she was just after sympathy and that she needed to grow up.

Boy was I young.

I wasn't giving her the care and love she needed. Long story short, she left me and almost had a breakdown. I was being selfish. Instead of focusing on her pain, I was focusing on how what she was doing, was hurting me.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think your boyfriend sounds like a royal pain in the ass, and I can't honestly imagine why you tolerate his emo drama. You sound like a reasonably confident girl with good intuition. There is something wrong with him, and you know it. trust your instincts.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Y'know this one is definitely not a keeper.

Forget this fool, he needs a mother, not a girlfriend.

This is a boy and no man.
    Last edited by Jade Altair; 10-11-08 at 02:15 PM.

I see through you like I see through a window, you see through me like you see through a mirror

What a pussy.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The last time I cried was when I stumbled home after wrecking my bike and bashing face open on the curb. My mom opened the front door and immediately howled like a banshee and began sobbing. Which in turn scared the ever loving **** out of me and got me crying, too. I was eight.

I don't know what's wrong with your pussy boyfriend but you need to ditch his sorry ass. He needs a mommy and a shrink to fix his shit.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The last time I cried was when I was sitting in the bath and my sister kicked my head in to the tap.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Haha, Charlieboy, your sister beats your head against the tap lmfao. What a brutal family.
    Don't expect anything.

last time i cried was out of depression (my ex) like 3 weeks ago
    last time i cried out of pain was like 1st grade. lol

every now and then i get/got those "i cant do anything right" feelings as well, but i dont cry about it. sounds like either he gets really depressed and can only think about himself or maybe he is manipulating you..
    [url]http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/GoldenGreek75/[/url]
    ^my pride and joy^

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He makes this whole relationship all about him. No one should be crying that much. Besideswhich, he's not listening to YOU when you're feeling bad. This guy is no give and all take. Recipe for disaster, and not normal.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I really have to question your use of the word "suspicious". I could see you being disgusted or annoyed, but why on earth would you be suspicious? Thew only thing I'm suspicious about is his possible chemical imbalance.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast