+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Speechless............

Speechless............

I am very attracted to a girl who works in a coffee shop. I keep looking at her and of course she noticed my interest in her.
    I am generally straight forward and not very good with small-talk, whether with women or men. And the fact that it is a coffee shop makes it even harder to talk much with a lineup and people watching and listening.

Every time I'm there I feel like an idiot as I'm leaving after not saying much to her other than general greetings.

I'm really annoyed at myself and feel that I will loose a chance of getting to know. I like her a lot and from her reaction I believe she's also attracted to me.

What's the best thing to do. I can't hang around the shop all day in hope of getting a chance to talk to her and at the same time I can't just say "hey, I like you (where is the dork smiley?)

Well, here I am asking for advice

Just make it quick.

"Hey listen, your really cute. Want to ( enter date information here ) ?"

Have number ready to give.
    "Making plans to change the world, while the world is changing us."

I'm not sure, If It'll work, but you can make a conversation when talking to her, about how it must be strange with all the attention, that someone is bound to ask her out, and is it flattering or just annoying.
    Just think of something, and maybe catch her on break, it has to be natural and something that your afraid to do and not worry about the rejection, afterall everything takes practice.

P.S. For me personally, i wouldn't want to bother with a situation like that, since it must get old for her.
    Look around people that are just sitting around, and If it's a Chapters, then a about a particular book.

**Don't let her be your only option though.**

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Stare into the soul, stare into her eyes.
    Eye contact is goal and a wise man you will be to to take this advice. Speaking comes second and is an artificial human made demise. Ask her for a chance to love. Be clever and make your feelings known.

I see through you like I see through a window, you see through me like you see through a mirror

Strike up a random conversation. Does she look bored at work? Joke around and tell her to lighten up and think about her paycheck....it's why she's there in the first place right?

OR

Does she look happy and jolly? Joke around and say she should share some of that happiness with you.

Now, I dont know how much people are going to agree with me on my suggestion, but I just listed things I do all the time. I try to be people friendly, and when I go up to a cash register and the cashier looks all sad, I just tell them "Just a few more hours then you get to hit the bed". There has been a couple that didnt really laugh, but majority of them laughed and striked up a convo right then and there with me. Seeing as you stated she seems interested in you, you just may get a friendly conversation going with her. Well, that's my experience and my two cents, hope this helps.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Ask for a two latté's and a pretty girl across the table.

Okay, corny ^,^ But who knows.

Otherwise you could always go there on a fairly regular basis, greet her and smile whenever you're served by her. First she'll remember what you always order, then a lil bit of chit-chat and soon enough there might be a slow day when she's free to sit around and chat, ask her out for a date, hook up on the third date, spend a year in bliss before seriously considering taking things further, marrying two years after that and forever more get a damn good cup of coffee every morning before heading off to work.
    Last edited by Lipp; 10-11-08 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    forever more get a damn good cup of coffee every morning before heading off to work.
    That was brilliant, lol.

Next time you go in, just tell her you would like to have a chance to sit down and talk with her outside of her work. Pass her your number and let time take over. Just make it casual, that way she doesn't get nervous, you don't get nervous and worst case, theres no weird feeling if she says no.

Whoever it was above me that said the thing about looking her in the eyes.....yah, a little gutsy, but it can completely win her over. Girls are weird about eyes...some are kind of obsessed with them.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you go in when you know it's not so busy? Hitting on her during the busiest part of the day would be tough.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

One of my good friends is now engaged to a girl he met while she was working in a coffee shop last year. He went in there every single day, rain or shine, and made it clear that it wasn't about the coffee. I think he started bringing her CDs to play there, too.

They're so cute together now it makes me ill.
    Spammer Spanker

Make casual talk and then ask her what's the worse pick-up line someone's ever used on her while working? Then ask her "what's the best one, beside's mine?"

just keep it simple and be yourself.