+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would you date someone who’s famous or very successful

Would you date someone who’s famous or very successful

Lately, I have been thinking about dating somebody famous or very successful. Somebody who’s famous and/or very successful is normally somebody who has little “personal” time because of all the fame and busy working hours is keeping her/him occupied all the time. First of all, if you are not that famous, how would you get to know the person? With all the paparazzi, fans, little time, etc. as your blockers/competitors. You need to be aggressive to get close to the famous/very successful person.

Sometimes, you get lucky and have a chance to date someone like that. So, here is the real question for you:

Would you mind being in a relationship with someone who’s famous or very successful, if you weren’t equally famous or successful?
    Please click here to spank me for spamming

I wouldn't mind success one bit. But fame, **** that. I don't want to date a celebrity. I want to live a quiet secluded life and share it with the one person I do love. Not everyone else.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd marry a celebrity. I want to be the next K-Fed. Reviled by all, yet rich for plowing a skank.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I dont want to marry a celebrity. The media in our business constantly, privacy doesnt exist...it's bound to send me crazy.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ha, I was just talking to someone who had to fly out the next day on business after their wedding.

If you want to marry a successful partner, male or female, you'd better be prepared to make some relationship sacrifices and know how to entertain yourself. Everything has a cost.

As for famous, well, I wouldn't want to be Michelle Obama for anything in the world.

no way! never! are you kidding me?? majority of celebrities have personality disorders - they either adore themselves too much and act like children and stomp their feet- 'I want it now!' or they are seriously insecure, no way! no WAY, i'd rather stick needles in my eyes!
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 10-11-08 at 09:49 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    F-ck yeah I would. As long as they're hot I don't really care what they do. My family is full of over acheiving women so it's not something that intimidates me.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sure, why not? I'm pretty independent, and don't like the idea of someone who has excessive amounts of time to be hanging around bugging me.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think being with someone so much more successful than me would be intimidating, and would not make for a healthy realtionship. I have dated men that were extremely rich and successful, and I couldn't handle the pressure. I always felt like I had to bring myself up to their level or I wasn't good enough.

I would rather be with someone who's on an equal level. My fiance is pretty successful, but I'm in a position where I'm not too far behind him, so I don't feel bad about it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Hell, no. I wouldn't want to share my man with his public, or with the spotlight.
    Spammer Spanker

I have dated someone who was in the public eye. I found it a bit difficult especially with the company they keep i.e. phoney types who pretend to be your friend, models, actresses etc. It isn't for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I wouldn't mind success one bit. But fame, **** that. I don't want to date a celebrity. I want to live a quiet secluded life and share it with the one person I do love. Not everyone else.
    Nomination for the most accurate post ever written?

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    I have dated someone who was in the public eye. I found it a bit difficult especially with the company they keep i.e. phoney types who pretend to be your friend, models, actresses etc. It isn't for everyone.
    Good point. I didn't factor in all of his friends. I hate that type of person.

Then again, I think the world is full of this type anyway; I see it a lot with non-celebrities, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?