+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the famous question....do girls like it when guys text several times a week??

the famous question....do girls like it when guys text several times a week??

i know this has been discussed probably, but these girls confuse me!.....i got two questions basically...

1)how many of you find it hard to act like youre busy and not that interested when you actually are dying to text her, call her, and see her again....but you wanna act like youre too cool so the girl will find you more interesting??? how do you guys fight this???

2)the main questions, do girls like it when guys text them several times a week....texts that say "hey how are you?"...."what are you doing?" etc...

I don't mind a text here & there a few times a week. If it's like 20 times a day then it gets to be a bit much.

glad someone brought this up.

how much is too much exactly?

This is a famous question? I thought that famous questions were like: "who killed JFK?" or "which came first , the chicken or the egg?" or " who put the bop, in the bop-she-bop-she bop?" I would think that it depends on the girl, and also the guy, some like to text a lot, some like to text a little. Personal preference.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's only too much when she doesn't like you back. If she adores you as much as you her, then it's all good.

If you're dying desperate to text her and she's "meh, he's alright" about you, you better let her be the one to initiate the texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    This is a famous question? I thought that famous questions were like: "who killed JFK?" or "which came first , the chicken or the egg?" or " who put the bop, in the bop-she-bop-she bop?" I would think that it depends on the girl, and also the guy, some like to text a lot, some like to text a little. Personal preference.
    it's always a bummer the two aren't the match.
    if one likes to constantly click keys and the chooses to spend time away from the supposedly cancer-inducing device, one always has a slight degree of paranoia and negative assumptions

Quote Originally Posted by of.the.room. View Post
    1)how many of you find it hard to act like youre busy and not that interested when you actually are dying to text her, call her, and see her again....but you wanna act like youre too cool so the girl will find you more interesting??? how do you guys fight this???
    Um, just have stuff to do? Play guitar, play video games, go out with your friends, read a book, make plans for the future, go to a concert... it's easier to avoid doing it if you actually have stuff you enjoy doing in your life on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by of.the.room. View Post
    2)the main questions, do girls like it when guys text them several times a week....texts that say "hey how are you?"...."what are you doing?" etc...
    Generally speaking it's my understanding girls enjoy a flirty text here and there. If there is enough time between them it makes them smile and it shows you were thinking about her. What you don't want to do is open with something silly like "Whatcha up to?" because this sounds possessive to some. Like saying "I was doing something but I decided I needed to know where you are". Don't open with that, try and avoid it if possible...

In my experience you're better off sending something related to something you guys shared recently. If you were at a coffee shop and were having a conversation about say... tiger cubs and how cute they are say something random like "Hey! I just saw the cutest little tiger cub stuffed animal while I was out and I thought of you - you seen any yet?" possibly bad example but you gte the idea.

Questions are good, statements don't say "reply to me". A question will get you a real response, and based on her response you can probably tell if she's in the mood to keep texting.

Some rules I came up with myself on this.

1) Texting is like a regular conversation, say something and wait for her to reply. Sometimes she might not and this could be for 10,000 reasons so don't freak out ever. Send it, forget about it.

2) READ what you're about to send. Can any part of it be misunderstood to make yuo seem like a creep, out of context, or overtly something that you probably didn't mean to convey. I've had this bite me in the butt once, and without someone face to face it goes to pot really quick.

3) Ignore "days" rules... just don't do it to often. Sometimes it's fine to do a couple in a day if you're both in the mood. Sometimes it's a rough week so shooting one out quickly on a Tuesday might be all you have time for or vice versa.

Hope some of that was useful

Dude, first of all, don't be so insecure. Get to know the girl, find out what she is like, AND her likes and dislikes. Act like yourself, don't try to be a bigshot.

I don't like text conversations. "I had a good time tonight, hope you did too." < Good. (Incidentally, "I had a gd time 2nite, hope u did 2" < annoying. You sound like you're 12. Just saying.)
    "What are you up to? Want to get coffee later?" - OK.
    "What are you up to?" Not ok. It shows me that you're bored.

Anyway, it's true that if she likes you, showing her that you're thinking about her will be appreciated. If she's unsure, at least in my case, too much texting will drive her away from liking you.

Something interesting: I just heard an interview on NPR about social networking, and they mentioned that some studies have shown that the brain's reaction to the vibration/ring of a new message is the same as its reaction to some drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Something interesting: I just heard an interview on NPR about social networking, and they mentioned that some studies have shown that the brain's reaction to the vibration/ring of a new message is the same as its reaction to some drugs.
    The getting the fix part or disgusted if you're not a junkie?

As long as it's a guy I really like I don't mind it if he texts me several times a day XD
    It's just always me that has the feeling to send 10k texts >.> I know it's hard to fight hahaha ^^;; But I guess it's different for everyone. Me? I like it if I like the guy If I don't like the guy though... I just ignore them and get kinda freaked out...
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this is a famous question?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I thought this was gunna be "does size matter" or smthing...
    I must be getting old or something.... things sure are changing!
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    Dude, first of all, don't be so insecure. Get to know the girl, find out what she is like, AND her likes and dislikes. Act like yourself, don't try to be a bigshot.
    real talk, if you wanna text her, text her. If she didnt respond oh well. I think you're over thinking it, thers no special number of texts to send per day.

Text her and call her as many times as you want; don't hold back. If you are already dating her, it is something you should do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast