+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he really love me/want me back? Confused :S

Does he really love me/want me back? Confused :S

Yes, I'm talking about the same guy I've been starting threads about for a while lol. Here's what happened.

Well, I apologized about being so mean to him the other day. We made up/gave each other hugs/felt somewhat better/etc.

I do wanna be bf/gf again with him, but my family suggested that I shouldn't because it wouldn't be right for me to ask after hurting him so much, and that he should be the one to decide if he wants to be together again. Also, because that if he really does want me back, he would just ask. So, I said, "Ok, I'll just let him decide."

So...I told him that I won't ask because I want him to make that decision (he was expecting me to ask him first). I told him that it wouldn't be right for me to ask after all that has happened, and that I want him to think about what he wants for a change and think it over.

However, he keeps saying he wants me to ask if I ever want to, because he doesn't want to get hurt again if I say no, and that he wants me to ask only if I'm ready. He says that he still has feelings for me and that he still wants to be with me, but he wants me to be the one to ask.

So basically, I just kept telling him that I want him to carefully think it over and decide himself, and that if he does ask, then I'll think it over, too.

Then he was like, "yeah, anyway speaking of which I am going to play a video game a bit and then go to bed. so I'll ttyl." Then I was like, "meh ok, cya."

Then he was like, " ok I was just saying what would be less hurtful for me. anyway good night, don't worry about it."

I'm confused about this because if he really does want to be together again, then wouldn't he just ask now? Does that mean he doesn't want to be with me anymore? Does this mean something else? I dunno... :S Maybe I'm over analyzing this too much.

Try this

Give your partner enough space to voice his or her concerns.
    I'm sure you hate it when people interrupt you; give your partner the same respect -- even if you don't agree with what they are saying.