+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just want to let off some steam!!!

Just want to let off some steam!!!

Excuse me but I just want to have a little rant!

I had an affair with a work colleague which lasted nearly 3 years. It ended in the summer and I have since been trying to make my marriage work. My husband knows everything that has happened and is being amazing.

It's just I still work with the man I had the affair with (I am looking for another job). He is also seeing someone else now (outside work). However he continues to flirt with me. He denies this whenever I confront him but he did it again yesterday. I am trying to ignore all this but it is frustrating. He has stated that it is definitely over between us but he does not back off completely. And this is after I have confronted him on this issue - he denies he flirts and actually stated that he makes a point of watching how he behaves with me. A friend who I have confided in does think this man flirts with me too so it is not my imagination.

It is bad enough having to work with him as it does slow down the recovery process for my husband and I but this behaviour of his adds to the pain. I am not so stupid to think I am completely over him. And this just makes that so much harder to do. It p****s me off.

There, that's my rant done.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well look it's a situation you've created so I doubt you're going to get much pity here.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I feel for you, I really do. I have been there, and it will get better when you don't work together anymore - as long as you have No contact.
    I got on with my life, and 5 years later he contacts me... feelings returned... its crap even though I don't want him back, I still want him!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No offense, but I think it's a small price to pay for what you did to your husband.

Take your lumps and find another job.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

You're sailing in the boat that you yourself cast off in.

Consider yourself lucky that your husband is willing to work it out as nicely as you say he has. I would leave my wife if she cheated on me.

I do consider myself very lucky that my husband is giving me another chance plus I did not post here expecting sympathy. This is a mess I made but I am trying to move on from it and am fed up of this man playing games. He did it again yesterday but chose a situation where I could not confront without causing a scene in front of others.

I want to put all this behind me and get on with life with my husband.