+ Follow This Topic

Thread: your opinions please

your opinions please

so my bf's 21st birthday is on dec 15th - this also happens to be the day of his only sisters uni graduation

dec18th i'm going on holiday for 2 weeks and won't see him again till the 2nd week in Jan 09

his family want him to go to the graduation and i want him to come out with me

we can't go the out the weekend before as we're working and can't get time off coz of xmas

we can't go the weekdays before as we've got finals and stuff

we can't go after coz i'm going on holiday and my mum wants me to do a whole load of stuff for her

so what should he do? becasue i'm sensing he's in limbo with pressure from his family to go to the graduation

should i just let him go, as in not suggest we go out so he can go there?
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Make plans for another day- you don't have o celebrate his bday on the actual day.
    Spammer Spanker

but that means we're gona have to wait till january and then it seems kinda pointless

am i the only one who thinks he should come out with me?
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

it's just another day, another year older, so what. i just look forward to being the boss for the day. it's not that important at all. let him go with his family
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Ah young people and dates hehe. No, waiting until Jan is not pointless. I can make any day a celebration. I almost always have to wait another day to celebrate my birthday. I don't see any issue in that. Let him go with his family. You can be with him another day. Be that girlfriend that causes less pressure in his life. He will thank you for it.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by PussyCatDoll View Post
    but that means we're gona have to wait till january and then it seems kinda pointless

yeah.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    His sister's graduation from university is a one-time event. he should be there, even if this means you won't see him until January.

Sorry.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

so my bf's 21st birthday is on dec 15th - this also happens to be the day of his only sisters uni graduation

There's your answer right there. It's his only sister's uni graduation. I gurantee if you keep on pressuring him to go with you, his family will not like you very much and I dont think he will either.

Sorry for being so blunt but if you are having a hard time with this birthday versus graduation thing you are going to have serious problems in your relationship. Hopefully you understand a little better now that others have given their opinions. Have fun and don't think of this as a big deal.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

even though it may be tough.. i dont see how u cant open up time earlier in the week.. im in university, i've got finals and stuff i know how it goes, but its like just udner 3 weeks away!.. just step up your effort now and complete the things you mom wants you to do in advance or whatever so you will have that time free and off your hands. If its that important to you that you wish he skips the grad, then its important enough for you to make room especially since there are 3 weeks in between.

It's his sisters graduation but it is also his 21st...isn't that kind of a big deal?

OP why don't you go with him to the graduation and make plans for after?

BTW when I graduated uni my Dad attended and that was it..I don't think it's that big of a deal but then again I down play everything.