+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Changed your mind so quickly?

Changed your mind so quickly?

Well, there's this guy...(That's how they all start it seems... ) Anyway, so we've been friends for a while, and it seems he likes me alot. He just broke up with his girlfriend, and aproached me the other day. At first he said, is there something you've always wanted to say to me? At first I didn't really get what he was getting at.. so I said uhm, no..? He just kind of looked at me and then said... I'm single, and just walked away. I went to my Writing AP class and we started texting. So I told him that I liked him and now he's been practically ignoring me. Did I do something wrong? He seemed that he changed his mind so quickly.

OMG that guy is an asshole, you just gave him what he wanted: flattery. he's a fckin eejit....i would have laughed at the guy if he had walked up to me and said that. i definitely think never contacting him again is the way to go with that, he'll only treat you like shit anyway....he doesn't give a shit about you....sorry

seriously why didn't you laugh....he practically made a fool of himself in front of you by saying that and acting cocky by walking away like that....
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

AP Class ... high school, right?

High school boys can be really flaky sometimes. They often do stupid things just to be "cool." At least it's a cut above a punch in the arm back in Jr. high. Asking you if you like him is nothing more than a display of insecurity and immaturity.

Best advice? Give him his own medicine and totally ignore him just to see if he grows up.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 01-12-08 at 08:58 AM.

One word:

REBOUND!!!!!!!1

You just gave up the chase.

Most high school boys are more interested in the chase rather than relationships. It's about who they have the possiblity of getting. It's a game really, and you just lost. For now I would just go about your life as if he didn't exist. Perhaps it will confuse him? Unless he's already beat you to that.

I personally would move on, you deserve much better than a guy like that!
    I ought to know better than to do what I do, but I ain't no quitter.

This requires translation:

1) "is there something you've always wanted to say to me?"

Translation: I KNOW you have always liked me NOW you have my permission to acknowledge it.

2) "I'm Single"

Translation: Just in case you didn't get the news...I just broke up with my girfriend....HINT

My opinion: He's hurt and awkardly reaching out hoping to get a replacement quickly....Like ny2468 so eloquently put it...REBOUND