+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did i make a mistake?

Did i make a mistake?

I am 18 and I have been living in Seattle WA for the past year as a freshman in college but my home is in Atlanta Georgia, which is where I am currently for the summer. I have a girlfriend here in ATL that I just broke up with. Ironically enough, the majority of our relationship was long distance. It started last fall at the beginning of the school year and lasted until...well...now. I made a choice out in WA that it was not worth it because I plan on living out there for good after this summer, and the distance was too much, but we still love each other.

Anyway, I have broken up with her and it is starting to feel like a mistake, like we had something special and now it is gone. To make matters even worse, I see her at least twice a week due to us having the same friends/church etc. Everytime I see her, I want to get back together, but I feel like those emotions will change once I move back to WA and she is not around. She wants to get back together too. I have almost asked her if we might do that but everytime I'm about to there is this voice in my head telling me not to get back together.

This is so hard. What should I do?

someone, anyone, please?

Well everyones on different time zones so bare with us in responding...
    well-long distance relationships are difficult and can be complicating if you dont see one another that often. But if youre in love with one another than you work through it together. WHY or WHAT reasons EXACTLY did you end this? Is she not ready to make a committment knowing that youre moving there permanently? Would she consider moving out there with you?

I was in a long distance relationship for 2 and half years-we saw eachother a couple of times during the semester-Thanksgving and Christmas breaks and so forth-we did that for 2 and half years...only seeing one another for just a weekend every 2 months was very difficult-BUT it made us stronger and we developed a new relationship along the way-a mental one-and then sex wasnt the priority we knew it. The hardest part about it was the TRUST-if you dont have that-then the relationship will bomb. Arguements all the time on where were you and who were you with...etc.

If youre gut is telling you that you should end this ask yourself WHY? You say youre in love with her and vice versa-what is it that brought you to this decision? Maybe you should really talk with her and find out what BOTH of your goals are right now in life-or where do you see this going in the future. Are you BOTH willing to make the effort to continue the relationship-honestly the best way is to work out together...

I had told my boyfriend at the time I wanted to end because of the "distance" but he didnt want to assured me we could get through it-and we did-of course 6 years later the relationship ended but for other reasons...so I think by talking with her youd feel a little bit better and have a better understanding on what it is EXACTLY you want...

goodluck!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

well, time has passed, and she is finally over me, even ready to start dating other guys. But I feel like I just got hit with a ton of bricks. I ended this relationship because I thought it was the right thing to do, and hopefully it was. But I just cannot get over her, an it hurts even worse that she is completely over me. Is that selfish or jealousy or what? It's like I want her to still hurt because I still do but she doesn't. that is really messed up isn't it. I don't know what to do, I feel like I have lost the best thing that has ever happened to me, and it's now impossible to get it back. I guess I'm not really asking for advice, just venting, I don't know what else to do.

Peace, james

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    considering that you're still a freshman things are still new for you. you have just entered college and for both of you, it's a really new experience. ask yourself if you're really ready for a solid relationship.

secondly, if you're considering getting back with her, don't really think about the distant right now. first consider all the good and bad that the two of you have. you are still seeing her a lot and it might just be that she is what should fill your void. she's a missing part in your life and that is what you miss. if you get back with her, will things be the same, meaning will they lead to the same problems that caused you two to break up in the first place. being that you miss her, isn't really a good enough reason to get back with her. take it one step at a time and analyze what is in front on your first. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

The timing is terrible for this sort of a problem. And honestly, there hasn't been that much time that has passed. It's been two weeks since your first post. Hopefully my ex isn't seeing other people yet (I'll kill him if he is). It seems like she's not too heartbroken about it. Why don't you follow her example and get back in the game?

I've just broken up with my boyfriend and I had misgivings about it too, but now that I can think clearly, I know that I did the right thing. If your ex is seeing people this quickly, she didn't feel as deeply for you as you did her. You need to see her for what she is, and know that you are better off without her. Everything you're feeling is normal, though. It will pass. Just keep living your life as if you're not upset, and sooner than you think you'll feel that way.
    We can be heroes just for one day.

gET A HOOKER

Wheres a mod when you need one? *ponders*

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn