+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Homemade tooth whiteners - anyone?

Homemade tooth whiteners - anyone?

My teeth are yellowish and stained by my regular tea addiction, anyone knows effective way of tooth whitening - homemade? Would like to safe some money on those costly commercial dental whitening treatment, heard that sodium bicarbonate is a well-known tooth whitening agent. Is it safe to use on the teeth and is it fast-effective? How about lemon juice?

ANyone care to share from their own experience, please?

1)Take one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of salt. Make a paste and use it on discolored teeth.

2)For making tooth whitener; take 3 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of table salt. Mix well and use as tooth powder.

3)Take baking soda 1/3, finely ground prickly ash bark and calcium-magnesium- vitamin c , each. One part of Echinacea powder and sea salt; half part of goldenseal powder. Mix all ingredients and make powder for teeth whitening. Take 1/4 teaspoon of this powder and use.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 02-12-08 at 10:56 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I wouldn't recommend using that on a daily basis. It's basically an abrasive and you're basically scrapping off your enamel.

If you want to whiten your teeth get some Crest White Strips. I used the Premium Plus pack, it's not the cheapest but the stuff worked really well.

Chew some tar. A really sticky gum can do it too, but I doubt it. And coal is good too.
    Don't expect anything.

I've been in dentistry for 15 years and have seen the gamut of products and have tried them all. The over the counter products may BARELY lighten your teeth. The problem with over the counter whiteners is that there isnt a strong enough of chemicals in them to do the job as opposed to the bleach you get from your dentist. Also, those things you should just place over your teeth, they shift allowing air into the area your are bleaching. They're not as effective.

There are now kiosks all over the place and some salons that offer teeth whitening in one visit from $100 to $200. You could probably spend that alone in 2 months with the so called better over the counter products. Check online for teeth whitening, the malls are starting to do it. In and out. And its so much easier than dealing with the strips everyday for an hour.

You could do those at home treatments first. But I would research it online first. Goodluck!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Or you could just ask some chinese guy about it, eastern people and dark skinned people tend to have whiter teeth. Probably teeth just look whiter on dark skinned people but I am sure the whiteness of teeth of the rice people have something to do with their diet...

Anyway, its plain obvious over the counter stuff don't work AS ALWAYS, its commerce, especially in US.

I remember russian medicine, cured everything, but now doctors are prescribing these really expensive euro labeled western medicine what you have to eat for months to actually have any effect, needless to mention all the accompaning allergies.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Or you could just ask some chinese guy about it, eastern people and dark skinned people tend to have whiter teeth. Probably teeth just look whiter on dark skinned people but I am sure the whiteness of teeth of the rice people have something to do with their diet...
    may i suggest a tanning salon? that way his darker skin will bring out his whiter teeth?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    may i suggest a tanning salon? that way his darker skin will bring out his whiter teeth?

lol! indig, you crack me up!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

baking soda and salt. maybe some peroxide.

my teeth are whitey white cause of those things. and i drink coffee. lots of coffee.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I don't rate home made tooth whiteners very highly at all.

I use a gel called White Glo which I put in these mouth guards and wear for 20 mins a day over a period of a week. I do this about twice a year and it works a treat.

what exactly do you do with the baking powder and salt? both at the same time and how do you apply it? i've tried salt, but it won't stay on the toothbrush …

maybe you need a free custom fitted bleaching tray?

and what might that be?

lol i don't know that's what the ad on the page was for.

Hydrochloric acid.

Or you could just stop drinking tea in excessive amounts and take better care of them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast