+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Time to move on?

Time to move on?

Ill try to make a long story short...

I have been on and off seeing this girl for a while now, approx 2 years. We currently face alot of issues that are killing our relationship, and i want to know if you think its time to call it quits and move on.

The first problem is that we currently don't live close to eachother. This wasnt a problem when I lived in Queens (she lives in Jersey), but now that I live in Chicago, it has become more difficult. (She is turning 18 in Jan 09, and always says she would be willing to move in with me when she finishes school)

Also, Her parents hate me, my parents hate her, another thing that makes beign together difficult.

We have Trust issues because she is a liar. She lied to me about alot of things including messing around with her EX, along with some other guys. Obviously i dont trust her in that aspect. And because of all of these lies and betrayals, i hold a grudge that i cant let go off.

Finally, We are not sexually active. This is a huge problem for me. I am not a sex addict but have lived a very sexually charged life, loosing my virginity at 13. Originally we were waiting because its what she wanted, then because of her mother and now because of the distance.

I love her, but i get so mad at her because of most of the reasons above. Time to move on?

Umm, time to move forward. You've mentioned about trust issue, lying and betryal. For me, it's useless to continue the relationship anymore if you dont trust her or vice versa. I think what you need is a space, im not talking about distance here. I think you have to break free with everything that's running on your mind first. Anyway youre still young.
    I am a spammer. God help me.

Definitely time to move on!! You're in a new city so take the chance to meet one of the new non-lying, non-cheating girls around you.
    Since time began
    the dead alone know peace.
    Life is but melting snow.
    --Nandai

If your still with her for some reason obviously there is something really great about her, that we cant see from a post.

Dude definately time to move forward! Neither parents like one another, your physical side of the relationship isn't fulfilling your needs and she lies and you can't trust her, especially when it's a long distance relationship? All signs that this relationship is unhealthy and time to let go and find someone else.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

i apperciate the feedback

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You aren't married, this relationship is over. Just break it off by phone and move on.

You say you love her but it sounds more like infatuation.

How can you possibly love someone you can't trust?

Move on, bud ... she's not the one for you.

Carl.