+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I tell him how I feel?

Should I tell him how I feel?

My ex and I went out 4 years ago for about 5 or 6 months. (He dumped me for his ex) Ever since we have managed to remain friends, and even survive a year long friends with benefits relationship 2 years ago.
    We've both dated other people during this time; however, hes always telling me what he wants to name his kids, how if we're both single by the time we're 40 we should marry each other, and how I've done the two nicest things that anyone has ever done for him. We get along really well, and I find myself falling for him all over again.
    We've met each others parents and get along quite well. We have a lot of mutual friends, yet manage to have time apart as well. We have various similar interests...and we just click.
    On the other hand, he's an ex, and if it didn't work out before, why would it work out now? What if he's really only telling me all this stuff just as a friend?
    Should I risk it and tell him how I feel?

If someone ever told me they would marry me if neither of us found anybody better before we were 40, I'd tell him to go piss up a flagpole.

Chuck him. You want to marry someone who thinks the sun shines out your ass, not someone who sees you as a consolation prize. Stop trying to talk yourself into this. He's not good enough for you because he doesn't love you enough.
    Spammer Spanker

yea your going to have to think about this marry til 40 thing... (unless your 38 or 39).. you dont need to keep falling for him without knowing how he feels.. wait for the right time and tell him...

Ya, I'd say if he's acting like that, he wants you to be a friend only. Sounds to me like he just wants you as a rebound..basically saying "If I can't find someone by the time I'm 40 I guess I'll settle for you." You'll find someone better, have a marriage because you two feel you want only eachother, not as backups.

*sigh* I think you guys are right. All the signs were there but I never really put them together because I was in denial. Guess I've been his consolation prize since day one, eh? Guess it's time to move on...
    Cheers people!
    x

Why not stop guessing and just ask him straight out how he feels about you?

By doing so, I'd have to tell him how I feel to get an honest answer from him. Why ruin a good friendship?
    I might do in a month's time when I actually find out where I'm going to be working next year though. No point in telling him if I end up going to Northern Ireland or something.

Tell him

My opinion is to tell him and see what he says, that way you might have an idea about what he really want's.