+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend has some doubts?

Girlfriend has some doubts?

Me and my girlfriend just finished having a phone conversation and she was telling me she had been thinking and had some negative thoughts about our future together.

We've been together for quite a while and she said she feels that a part of her thinks I will fall in love with someone else and that I will leave her heartbroken or I will just leave. She said she realises and believes how I feel about her and what I say, but she can't help feeling like it and it kinda puts her in these moods.

We were together for about a year and a half and the last year and a bit has been long distance with us seeing each other every 2 months for a few weeks at a time. She is moving back next February for good so we will be back to normal.

But what I'm wondering is that is it normal for her to feel this way? Is it normal to have doubts about our future?

It's just I have never even thought of the fact she would leave me or anything along those lines, I haven't thought that our relationship could end. I would do and give anything to stay with this girl for the rest of my life.

I'm probably just worrying about nothing but I just need some answers from other on what they think about it. Thank you
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

It happens. Distance is hard. Luckily you both only have a few more months left.

At least she's communicating these doubts to you. Because of this, you both can work on making sure that you can stay strong through it. My ex didn't communicate her doubts and it ended with us breaking up out of nowhere. Don't let that happen in your relationship.
    I don't chase, I replace.

ransom, i hate to say this, coz you seem like a really nice guy, and you come across a cool guy BUT i think this is leading to a break. the reason i think this is coz majority of your relationship was long distance right? well lets say the last while has been. i assume she's thinking about when she's back and will have to see you possibly everyday....bells are ringing in her head....she's not sure if she wants to go intensive, she's a little concerned about her freedom. i'm sorry ransom, i'm just thinkin like a girl. i hope it's not right, coz i can see from your posts that you really do care very much for her. i'm sorry
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I hope you are wrong, Jeanne. While their relationship is long distance, they do spend about a quarter of their time together in 2 week blocks.

Maybe it's a girl thing, but if she's having doubts about the relationship, would it be normal for her to project them onto him?

Ransom, did she go through a bad break up before she met you?

Carl.

Well, ransom, are any of her fears founded in fact? You say you want to stay with her forever, but is she really your end-all, be-all girl? Maybe she can tell she loves you more than you love her.

Not accusing, just an idea...
    Spammer Spanker