+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Conditioning question...

Conditioning question...

...I increased the frequency of my workout habits. I'm now running a mile and a half everyday after work. I head to the track and do my runs and all. I feel the typical soreness all over my body. Am I going to feel like this all the time? Or is this just an initial response? I don't do heavy running, just jogging and a sprint here and there. I don't feel out of breath unless I really push it.

Oh and ya, i'm a coward...I saw this girl getting ready to start her "run" as I was finishing up, i didn't even smile or say hi.

...need to focus...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    with any workout, the beginning is always the hardest because your body is adapting to the change. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

after giving birth, i gained many pounds,, n just after abt 6 mos i started to go on jogging,,n the initial response was i feel somewhat hard to breath n my muscles all aching,,maybe that's normal coz after abt a month of continuous running,, all the pains were gone...
    i love u lots sam....my sweet baby

Or you could be like me, NOT run, and save yourself ALL the pain!

Alexi

Or play baseball - like me - I get all the workout PLUS more than you do just running - I did get the pains at first - but now after about a month it doesnt hurt anymore at all. And plus I have FUN doing it. Not just being bored out of my mind running around a track or something. Plus with baseball you work the upper body also. My upper body is ****ing awsome now. The only thing I noticed that baseball does not work on is the gut. I still have a gut... Running doesnt effect the gut either. So I have started to do like 100 situps before bed everynight. I still haven't seen any results... In time I might raise it to 200 or maybe 300 - or maybe it just takes time - I only been doing situps for like a week (if that).

But yeah - I dont run - it is pointless. Play a sport that involves running - not jogging, but short vigorous sprints. Like Baseball. Works perfect for me.

The best exercise is one that you enjoy. Doesn't matter what it is, if you enjoy doing it, you'll be less apt to blowing it off, and more likely to see results.

The 'gut', (which I'm assuming you mean excess fat) or fat storage in ANY area, is merely a matter of calories in vs calories out. Situps, or any resistance exercise, will NOT effect your 'gut' if you don't have your diet under control. All you end up with is hard, muscular abdominal covered in a layer of fat. Running, or any cardiovascular activity, is an efficient way to increase calorie burning. So, in essence, running IS more effective at reducing bodyfat levels, in an indirect way.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Hmm... good point - I always seem to forget that there is more to it all than just excercise. I always forget the dieting part...

Speaking about dieting - if someone wants to cut back on 1 thing - what would be the most effective ? Cutting Calories, Carbs, or something else ? I know it prolly would be best to cut them all into a balanced equation or something - but if someone just wanted to cut back on 1 of them, which would be best to watch ?

Of course, everyone's body reacts differently. For me, the factor that I manipulate is carbs and calories. In the winter as opposed to the summer months, I keep my protein intake somewhat consistent, my fat intake at about 25% of total calories, and manipulate my carbohydrates depending on goals, more when bulking, less when cutting.

Winter months, I generally eat about 4000 calories a day, and my weight goes up to about 210. During the spring/summer, calories are down to about 2500-3000, and my weight stays about 185-190, although I drop it lower if I really want to lean up.

yes, i learned that situps and such only strengthen those areas. i do so time after time but i love to run. i remember when i was depressed, i couldn't eat or sleep, so i didn't know what to do, so i just ran every morning until i got tired and i got home and fell asleep. it wasn't healthy but it was something i needed to do to get my mind off a lot of things. i didn't realize how much fun it is to run. aside from tennis, it's more fun when it's not available to play tennis. i guess i need to work on my diet and eating habits as well. what do i need to do? take in more protein and less carbos?
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

oh i also forgot to mention, i went jogging yesterday and it was about to rain, does the weather affect the muscles in any way? after the 5th lap, my left leg felt like it was about to break. i was sore. i should have stretched more but when i drove home, i felt like my leg was broken. it still feels a little sore but not as much.

Oh yeah, the weather totally effects the muscles. Especially when it rains.

It makes them wet.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

You need to determine what is making you so sore. Is it a muscle soreness, or a joint soreness? Are you talking about a shin splint, in the front lower leg? Some people just are NOT meant to run. I can't run with any consistency, especially for lengths of time. My body just doesn't handle it well.