+ Follow This Topic

Thread: recent dumper coming back to work with dumpee. help!

recent dumper coming back to work with dumpee. help!

I met this girl at my job about 6 months ago. She left for school and we continued to see each other on weekends because she didnt go to school far away. Everything has worked out fine with that until recently. She texted me saying she needed to talk to me in person about something when she came home and that it wasnt good. I couldnt get a lot out of her but Im like 99% sure she's going to break up with me. I dont think there's another guy. she just said said she doesnt think she's into it anymore as much as she used to be. I told her if she was ending things with me id rather know now than wait a week for it when she comes home. She again just said she knows and she just wants to talk in person. UGH so frustrating.

My heart is already broken and im hurtin but here's my big problem. Shes coming home for winter break and wants to come back to work again. Do you think it would be selfish of me if i were to ask her not to come back? I feel like a jerk asking her that but I asked some girls at work that know we are dating and they all said "I dont see why she would even want to come back after breaking up with you".

I told her i didnt think work would be as fun as i expected this winter. She said "I think it will still be ok, we'll see what happeneds". then i explained to her like "no, you dont seem to love me like you used to...but i still love you so it will be hard for me know what im saying?" She replys "yeah i see what you are saying. Im sure everything will work out and stuff. Maybe when i come home we can talk over dinner or something?" I said ok i guess i'll tty when you come home then and that was the end of our conversation 2 days ago.

Everything will work out and stuff? what the heck does she mean??? That just sounds retarded. like she doesnt get the fact that it will be near impossible for me to start healing if she comes back and i have to see her almost everyday.

Ugh so anyways she comes home and i'll see her in a little over a week. I havent talked to her in 2 days and i dont think she wants to talk about it till she comes home. Waiting for it is killing me. any advice?

Either she really doesn't give a shit about how you feel or she's planning to get back together with you later.

Oh, or there's the possibility that she's been through this before and knows that you're going to get over it sooner than you think you will.
    Spammer Spanker

there's another guy.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If its in your power to tell her not to come back, then do so.

If its not, don't think about it anymore.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5H0wUo37RY"]YouTube - Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Don't Come Around Here No More[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

yeah i had planned on asking her not to when she came back and we had that face to face talk. i just hope she plays ball with me and complies

For what its worth, I met my ex at my job and she and I still work there together. I can be the coldest person I know when I am double crossed, so its not difficult for me to ignore her. I haven't made eye contact much less spoke with her in the 3 months we have been apart, at work or in public. The anger is what keeps me away, its not always a bad thing to be angry.

Misombra and Giga are woman, that automatically makes them better at perceiving whats going on. One of their guesses is the answer to whats really going on.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 12-12-08 at 04:20 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I am angry but unfortunatly not at her. She's not being mean to me or a b*tch. She's already apologized and feels bad. She said she wishes she could change her feelings back to how they used to be. So im just mad at the situation because it sucks.

I want to txt or call her and leave a voice mail saying something like "If you are planning to break up with me when you come home can you please tell me now? We can still talk in person like you wanted to thats fine. But if you are ending things I dont think it would be a good idea if you came back to work..." she's planning on coming back to work a week after she comes home so we'd have this "in person" talk before that point. But if i brought it up before it would give her more time to think about and find another place of work and maybe raising the chances of her playing ball with me on that.

My friend told me to keep it cool and not persue her now cuz that could just push her away more and piss her off. Just waiting for this is killing me. any thoughts?