+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hold or Live?

Hold or Live?

Hey all,

I been having this battle in my mind for the past few days, I am writing this down here in hope that I can gain some advise and thoughts of others, also to see if it helps me get it out my thought process for a bit as I am still thinking this over at 1AM and not getting much sleep night over night.

Here is my problem, I am 19 I have been with this girl for almost a year and a half, I still love her loads and we still get along really well. She is the sort of girlfriend that a man would want to settle down with knowing in full trust that he could trust love rely on her though out his life. But recently I started going out with my mates and im starting to wish that I could enjoy single live a bit before committing as I have been in a relationship for almost 3 years in row, I want from one relationship to the next in a matter of a week or so, I feel that I have found the perfect girl but maybe too early? I am starting to feel that I want to be single for a bit and live a bit before settling down to someone, but I feel I have found a girl that I really could spend the rest of my live with, I just don't feel that I am ready to settle down just yet. Also as much as I want to enjoy being single I really do not want to hurt this girls feelings as I still have feeling for her.

What are your views on this?

Kind Regards

Confused Man

Quote Originally Posted by confusedman View Post
    What are your views on this?
    It's actually pretty simple. You either pick one or the other and forget about the one you discard. You will hear all kinds of arguments for and against the first or the second option, but it's your life to live and your decision to make. Make that decision final though. If you choose single life forget about your gf and anything to do with her, she will find someone else to be happy with. If you choose your gf then forget about the single life.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    It's actually pretty simple. You either pick one or the other and forget about the one you discard. You will hear all kinds of arguments for and against the first or the second option, but it's your life to live and your decision to make. Make that decision final though. If you choose single life forget about your gf and anything to do with her, she will find someone else to be happy with. If you choose your gf then forget about the single life.

Mishanya,

I'm sure we have both read a number of threads where couples, usually in their 20s, break up because one partner in a teenage romance feels like they may have missed something.

Confused is feeling that now, and I think his only real choice unless he is willing to have this come up and bite him on the a** is to try single life.

Sure, he will find that the grass is not greener on the other side if he's with a wonderful girl ... we know that. But unless he tries, he won't really know that.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 16-12-08 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    Mishanya,

I'm sure we have both read a number of threads where couples, usually in their 20s, break up because one partner in a teenage romance feels like they may have missed something.

Confused is feeling that now, and I think his only real choice unless he is willing to have this come up and bite him on the a** is to try single life.

Sure, he will find that the grass is not greener on the other side ... we know that. But unless he tries, he won't know that.

Carl.
    Sure it might be a best solution for him, I agree. But I know a few people who went the other way and in their teens or early twenties married and now have a happy family and things are going great for them. I think either choice is valid, as long as he forgets about the other upon making it.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

live baby live!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMUILorWSMM"]YouTube - INXS - New Sensation[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.