+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The usual.

The usual.

Male, early 30's, divored, engaged to be married again soon, tech geek, no kids yadda.

I'm basically a self-conscious INFP (for you Meyers-Briggs types) that tends to feel eternally awkward around people that he doesn't know really well. And even then I just feel somewhat awkward. Currently I live in the PNW, where I can finally not feel like I'm ever the weirdest person in the room. Married, grew a spine, divorced, still occasionally struggle with the occasional self-worth/self-esteem issues that all guys deal with along with our eternal fear of failure and rejection. Only, I admit that it exists, and actively work to tend to such issues.

I'm a very touchy-feely caring person except when it comes to relationships. In that case I firmly believe in severe blunt trauma when it comes to advice. I don't care for the platitudes, the niceties, or the whining. Even if I do it myself at times. Again, I'll admit openly when I'm doing so. I believe that people are responsible for their own shit, need to own up to it, and that making excuses for not making hard decisions is merely making the choice to be uninvolved in your own life. I don't believe in berating someone, but I also don't pull punches. If I believe you a part of the problem, I'm going to tell you exactly that. My time, and your time, is finite here on the planet so failing to tend to your own crap is merely exactly that.

I also have a cat with asthma, and a soft spot for romantic movies in which quirky people fall madly in love.
    Last edited by Lite; 18-12-08 at 07:55 AM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i have a friend that works for supergeeks.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...