+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Vs. Physical Involvement

Emotional Vs. Physical Involvement

Which do you think would be worse for you? If you find out your partner is emotionally involved or physically involved with somebody else? why?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think I read some sort of saying that said men feel worse about the physical stuff, and women feel worse about the emotional stuff. I think that is pretty much true for me.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If he was emotionally involved with someone else I would feel partly responsible (neglect, etc.) and would work to try to get my relationship back on track. I would give him some credit to not have a physical relationship.

If he was physicially involved with someone else, then I need to divorce this sleazy, despicable womanizer. I would be too **** up emotionally to work on the relationship. It can't be salvaged to a loving relationship. If I managed to stay, we would be robots...I would probably find myself emotionally (hopefully not physically) involved with another.

No, I would have to divorce...sorry. That's tramatic. I would hurt every time I looked into his eyes. I don't know how other women do it.

People are likely to talk about an emotional affair and that is why it probably feels worse. It hurts because intimacy was shared with someone else. Therefore, it sounds very serious and long-term. The husband (or wife) is likely to leave the spouse at this point.

People are not likely to ask the details of a physical affair because it's too tramatic and would rather go into denial (aka false forgive and forget)...and therefore stay. Women may say it was just a quick meaningless sex....that he comes home to the wife. The husband is likely to stay with his wife at this point (if she doesn't threaten divorce).

In both emotional and physical affair that cheating partner would likely be the one asking for the divorce to go to the "new" one.
    Last edited by lesa; 19-12-08 at 08:35 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

It'd be worst emotionally for me because with physical cheating, it's more so just getting a nut out, but when emotions are involved, this girl just may have enough ranks to get you kicked out of the guy's life.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Why would you want him? I would FED EX him to her.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I'm not sayin I would want him, I was just sayin which one is worst to me.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It goes hand in hand.

If a woman found out their partner was f*cking somebody else, don't you think they'd still become emotionally upset?

If a man found out their partner was meeting another man because he was more interesting to talk to, and share things with, don't you think he'd still get upset?

Any person that's involved in a relationship that has been defined as exclusive would be upset at any sign or evidence that their partner has become disinterested and/or unfaithful.

If he is planning to leave then that may be good news. Saves you some more (future) heartaches.

I don't know. I think emotional affairs involve the significant other (neglecting, etc) more than physical cheating and that piss people off. Some people physically cheat just to do it but I would not want him. Chances are he will do it again (or fight the urges).

With emotional cheating, yes, I would feel partly to blame but I would try to fix my relationship if he hasn't decided to leave already.

They are both horrific but to compare intimacy and sharing your emotions with another to sexual intercourse..?? I don't know.

Idk it's hard to say, really. I understand where you're coming from with the emotional part Lesa but I think when there's emotional cheating the person has a deeper connection with the other person and when its just physical its just sex. I'm not saying I would accept physical at all, I'm just saying the emotional cheating has more behind it because they are getting attention elsewhere instead of getting it from the person who belongs giving it to them.

I agree. I think we are saying the same thing in that respect. With emotional cheating it is probably the significant other fault (or incompatibilty) that lead to it. That's difficult to deal with. With physical cheating you have the worries of it happening again because this person does not work well with monogamous relationships and I shouldn't expect or force him to stay with me. He should be free to **** around as he desires.

With emotional cheating he may also be free or maybe I am not 100%into this relationship and need to work on that. How do you work with a physical cheater? All you can do is forgive and pray that they do not do it again.

I do understand that the emotional cheater is more likely to end the old relationship for the new one compared to the physical cheater.

Yea all I was basically saying is that the emotional cheater would most likely choose the newer person. BUT physical cheating is a no no for me. Cheat once and it is over.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    either which way, it's a lose-lose situation. why bother getting all nit-picky about it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd be gutted about the physical cheating. It's like a pride thing - "that guy stuck his dick in my woman! He had his filthy cock in my woman."

She would be tainted for me and I wouldn't be able to touch her again.

Emotional cheating... just seems so flimsy in comparison.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I'd be gutted about the physical cheating. It's like a pride thing - "that guy stuck his dick in my woman! He had his filthy cock in my woman."

She would be tainted for me and I wouldn't be able to touch her again.

Emotional cheating... just seems so flimsy in comparison.
    As I mentioned, that kind of thing would have a greater impact on a person if they were in a much more committed relationship than I suspect you have been in, so far.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey I know I talk it down a bit, but my relationship with Kristen was serious and definitely committed. I still think if she'd come to me and said "I've been having an emotional affair", or "I've been f-cking Dave, but don't worry I don't have feelings for him," I know which one I'd prefer.... The emotional cheating, if it isn't already obvious.

Once another guy has his dick in your women, that's it. She's done.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast