+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i don't feel the same way.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

i don't feel the same way.

I absolutely hate that phrase. Anyway but this thread isn't about anything personal in my life, i just want opinions. When "ppl say i don't feel the same way". A lot of the time i think actually means there aren't sparks there anymore..or that new "special" feeling u get at the beginning of a relationship. A lot of ppl tend to take that feeling as "oh well i must not love that person anymore or be in love with them anymore".
    Honestly i think it's a load of immature bullshit. Maybe it just comes with maturity and understanding because when you're with someone for a long time and become very comfortable with one and other....the "feeling" usually goes away in most relationships. But i don't think it means there's no love or affection left...which is what many ppl mistaken it for....what do u all think?

-and yes, i understand in some cases it just doesn't work out regardless.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Love is flux. Just like the rest of life.

I dont think it means the love is gone, I think it more represents the huge amount of chemistry and excitement at the beginning. It does fade away after a while though.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I've definitely fallen out of love before. Sometimes a relationship ends with nothing more than a nostalgic, friendly kind of love. I think it sucks but not to the extent that I'll pretend everything is okay and continue the relationship.

There's a difference between getting comfortable, calming down and still loving someone romantically; and the love fading and not really feeling that way about them anymore.
    Since time began
    the dead alone know peace.
    Life is but melting snow.
    --Nandai

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Love is flux. Just like the rest of life.
    Yeah Indi ... but what do they do if there is not the initial excitement when they flux each other???

Seriously, you're right Bo ... you can't build a long term relationship based only on the initial thrill of sexual desire. Mother nature gets bored easily ... she's just looking for that baby (see, Indi ... I do listen!).

Carl.