+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i be worried? or is it over-reaction?

Should i be worried? or is it over-reaction?

Should i be worried? or is it over-reaction?

Hey, I am getting a little worried with my partner. We are both 20 years old. She is very indipendant & I am not so indipendant. I have moved away from my friends around 1 year ago. So i have had limited contact with them and hardly ever see them. However it seems like my girl-friend always wants to go "clubbing" and going out with her girl mates without me. I can't understand it because if i was going to go clubbing i would ofcourse invite her along with me. I asked her why she dosen't invite me and she says its because most of her friends are single so there isn't other male partners there it would just be me. Should i start to try and control this frustration? or would any of you guys/girls feel these same issues?. (We have been together about 5months)

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    definitely a problem. i would understand if she wants some alone time to hang out with the gal-pals once in a while. BUT however we ALL know that clubs are where a lot of ppl go to meet others for hook ups and things of that sort...and i do think it's an inappropriate place for anyone in a relationship to be without their gf/bf on a regular basis. so u need to talk to her about this. it sounds a little fishy to me even as a female. If she's having problems with u being there, i'd be questioning it for sure..

Bo is right ... not that she necessarily has anything to hide, but she's definitely in the "frat party/night club, girls just wanna have fun" frame of mind, while you are in the "looking for something more serious and less frivolous" mode.

So right now you two are incompatible, and pursuing a relationship with her is probably a recipe for pain for you, or at the very least ... try to get her to stop watching "Sex in the City" reruns! .

In a few years, when she grows up a bit, she may be your perfect match, but now she's toxic to you.

Carl.