+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Seriously, can some1 tell me what she's thinking?

Seriously, can some1 tell me what she's thinking?

My gf and I met in college and have been dating for 3 years now. We both just graduated and now she's a 1st year law school student, and I moved back home and plan on going to grad school next fall. She only lives 45 minutes away right now so its not a terribly long distance relnship. We see each other once a week on the weekends and usually I go there and do dinner and date night with her and stay over at her place.
    To get to the point, the conflict I'm/we're having is that bc she's in law school she's busy a lot and has made new friends that she goes out with all the time. Since she started school a couple moths ago, everytime I see her she doesn't want to do anything. She doesn't want to go out, she doesn't want to make dinner and just get a movie. She just wants to go to dinner, come home and sleep. And our sexlife has suffered too, which of course I'm bummed about. Probably the biggest reason I'm bothered by it is because she'll go out and stay late with her friends on Friday night and then when I come up on Saturday she's tired and just wants to go to bed. (Or if I stay with her Friday night, she'll go out on Thursday)
    So about 2 months ago I pointed it out to her and she said she was sorry and would try to not be so lazy around me. I mean, I work 40 hours, I'm busy too, I just don't have homework. But I don't sleep all the time when I'm with her. Also, I have other friends in law school who said to wait until after her finals are done to really try to work this all out. Well her finals are done and we haven't brought it up yet, and she definitely hasn't changed.
    How do I bring it up without coming off as petty, since it was only 2 months ago? And at what point am I just getting in the way of her career? Because I really don't want to stop her from doing anything.
    Thanks for being kind to the newbie.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As long as noone else makes a post, your thread will stay at the top of the queue. No need to multiple post, all it will do is tick off the mods.

Try deleting your other threads & just bump yours if too many other get ahead.

ok i deleted the others ones i think.
    sorry. newb here. :-(

Look, either you're a priority in her life, or you're not. If going out every Friday to the point of not meeting your needs or being a flake on you because she's too tired is pissing you off, you need to say something about how you find it unacceptable.

Right now it sounds like you're not a priority, and you should probably let her know that this is what you are feeling. I'd say you've got a 50/50 chance of ending the relationship, but like I said, it isn't like she's actually making an effort to be in a relationship with you.

You can save a relationship by being the sole person to inject energy into it for a while, but after that it becomes draining and the other person's just an energy leech. Either she reciprocates, or you go find something better to do than visit her.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't call her lazy, but I would say shes.... socially overcommitted?

What Lite said. I think she should be making more of an effort to spend quality time with you. If she gives all her energy to her girlfriends, then what is left for you? I guarantee, she'd be letting you know if the tables were reversed & it was you at the pub w/your mates all the time.