+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would you give the christmas present?

Would you give the christmas present?

Say u have a friend and you ask to meet her for less than 5 mins on christmas and she agrees.Then you proceed to tell her you want to pass to her something and then she goes "Don
    t pass,display it at your home"

Ok so i told her to chute it,dump it or whatever she sees fit and she say she'll hang it and frame it.
    I told her "up to you''
    Now the message i get from her telling me to display it at my house is telling me to back off and she doesn't want anything from me.If so,it's best i dump the gift,save my esteem too.
    Do you want to still give such a person anything?
    Am I rude or just straightforward with my replies?
    Last edited by UKboy; 23-12-08 at 09:49 PM.

I once gave a painting to a girl not caring about wether she would dump it or hang it. So she hanged it, and now I kind of want it back, it doesn't mean anything, but it was just a nice picture.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I once gave a painting to a girl not caring about wether she would dump it or hang it. So she hanged it, and now I kind of want it back, it doesn't mean anything, but it was just a nice picture.

Nah what i'm trying to get by here is if She's trying to be nice by accepting the gift.Don't she sound like she's rejecting my gift?If that's the case,i'm not the kind of guy who likes to shove it into other's face if they're not ok with what i'm doing.

You're right, she doesn't want it. Don't try to give it to her.
    Since time began
    the dead alone know peace.
    Life is but melting snow.
    --Nandai

Look, here's the catch with gifts. More often than not, we give them in expectation of reciprocation. Give her the gift, don't say anything special about it, don't expect anything in return.

"I bought this for you as a gift, nothing more. Merry Christmas."

Then leave. Don't sweat it yo.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

On tue we agreed to meet at 4pm.
    Yesterday,I text her at 11am asking her if we're meeting and the reply only came at 2.30pm.
    Actually,i wasnt surprise.I expected it but i gave her the benefit of the doubt to prove myself right for the last time.
    The reply came and asked what time are we meeting.It was agreed that we're suppose to meet at 4pm but apparently she forgotton the time.
    Secondly,ALWAYS,i had to text her to confirm the meet up else the meet up would pass by like it was never arranged.She had a change in schedule that day and why can't she inform me instead of having me to asked her.
    Truth is,she didn't give a hoot ain't it?
    I told her to forget it and she tell me she'll promise to make it up to me.I don't care anymore and I meant it.I haven't reply her msg since yesterday afternoon.

Last week we made plans to meet next week for a chat to decide if a cool down is appropiate but now,i guess no need for them.She seem to really love bruising my esteem.Not that i'm an insecure person,I'm not.But she really have this affinity to want to bruise my ego,making me go up to her to clarify issues and confirm meet up while she just sit on her hands.

I haven't reply to her sms.Do i tell her we shld have a cool down period of should i just ignore?
    It's the same girl
    [URL="http://www.loveforum.net/ask-female-forum/25714-she-rejects-me-then-ask-me-about-girls-whom-im-hanging-out.html"]http://www.loveforum.net/ask-female-forum/25714-she-rejects-me-then-ask-me-about-girls-whom-im-hanging-out.html[/URL]

Yes,give me the harshest advices to awake me from my half awaken state.It hasten

You have done more than enough. Stop pursuing her! She knows that you are interested. If she was interested she would have paid you more attention. Pursue that cheerleader girl or something.