+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gynecomastia (man boobs)

Gynecomastia (man boobs)

Just wanted to get your thoughts on the subject. Do you know anybody with Gynecomastia? What do you think about it? Do you think it is hard to talk about? Why do you think society does not accept it? And if it is hard to talk about, why is that the case?

Uhm, is it like, on the ones that are really fat men, or on the ones that have been castrated?
    Don't expect anything.

If it's because of just being fat...well, start running bitch.

If it's because of lack of testosterone or whatever, that kind of stinks. Maybe seek professional help?

Come on guys, be a little more sophisticated. If you don't know what Gynecomastia is, Google will direct you to the Wikipedia article

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia[/url]

Anyway, I think it's a damn shame people can't be a little more respectful and hold the negative opinions/insults/jokes. To quote my Citycat, "People have always been full of prejudices because of the lack of information."

Other than that, I don't have a problem talking about it. I don't know anyone who has Gynecomastia, but that doesn't matter anyway; I'd treat them like everyone else.

Yes, I know someone with the real gynecomastia (glandular and not just fat that can be exercised away). No, I don't have a problem talking about it; however, I am fascinated by all things medical.

I think society is more accepting to it (for the obese guys it is easier to blame it on the fat but not too accepting on the average weight male). They still can go topless on the beaches--unlike women. I think women should be able to go topless but that's another subject.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I think women should be able to go topless but that's another subject.
    So do I.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women can and do go topless on beaches in Australia. You never quite get used to it though. I mean I love it, but I still walk past and think, "damn, that chick has her cans out."

And man boobs look absolutley shocking. Society does not accept them because men do not breastfeed and therefore have no reason for bulging deposits of fat to hang from their chest.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What an unfortunate disorder. I'd feel very compassionate for the poor guy. It would probably really have a negative impact on his self esteem. It would probably be as horrifying as it would be for a woman to lose her breasts.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think American culture is way too looks-obsessed. I know I'm going to sound a little bit like Eco when I say this, but we are socialized very early on by television and magazines to see only "perfect" body types in the media. Fat people or people who look different (for example someone with man-boobs) are constantly lampooned, so we're conditioned to think that "different is bad." Unless there is a health risk associated with gynecomastia, why should one feel ashamed?

I think life would be more pleasant for alot of folks if our self-esteem weren't constantly tied in to physical appearance.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin