+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Linkin Park and other bands

Linkin Park and other bands

Why did they have to change there style of music?

There old skool songs is what pulled me through highschool. They where the only band who's lyrics I could relate to, that I understood.

There new music is to soft. Not enough feeling. They have gone down hill. I'm watching there old film clips and there awsome. So much energy... so much passion.

Anyone eles feel this way about a band? What's happening to the music inderstry? Everyone is changing there style, loosing there fans, there supporters... the people who keep the band going. All these bands should stay with the one style. Yes they may be targeting a new audiance (still can't spell) but at a cost. That cost is there fans.

What are your thoughts on this topic? Dose anyone eles feel this way about a band you followed? That you understood where every song felt like it related to you?
    TJ the µß3R Trance Junkie

Not sure where you're distinguishing the crossing between their old and new music, but personally I have to agree, their style used to be quite unique and powerful when blending genres, but now they're sounding more and more like your everyday alternative rock band.

Edit - But no, I like the lyrics, but don't really relate to it much.
    Last edited by Lipp; 29-12-08 at 04:08 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Every teenager flocks to a genre of music that they feel like best represents them.

You'll outgrow it.

Because they are not teenagers anymore, they are men.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Because they are not teenagers anymore, they are men.
    They were men when they first started the band. A lot of bands loose fans and money due to these changes. I have noticed that bands that change make 1 or 2 more albums then they are never heard from again. Why is that you may ask? Cus they don't have the fans hence there not getting the money. If they made a new album like hybrid theroy I would race out and buy it the day it comes out. But now I look at there new album and put it back down again.
    TJ the µß3R Trance Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wigglz View Post
    They were men when they first started the band. A lot of bands loose fans and money due to these changes. I have noticed that bands that change make 1 or 2 more albums then they are never heard from again. Why is that you may ask? Cus they don't have the fans hence there not getting the money. If they made a new album like hybrid theroy I would race out and buy it the day it comes out. But now I look at there new album and put it back down again.
    See, this is how you see the whole situation. Band like Linkin Park, want to do something which makes them happy on the first place. Money they have, they want to be proud of what they are doing. If they keep on doing the same thing again and again, then they won't be making the type of music they want.

Moreover, every artist has to change the style. Change is necessary.

Its the same reason a lot of non main stream bands changed too. Its cut throat in music, either sell out or be sold off.

Linkin Park
    Nickleback
    Mudvayne

and a few others come to mind.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger