+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If your partner was lost at sea,like Tom Hanks in that movie, how long would you wait

If your partner was lost at sea,like Tom Hanks in that movie, how long would you wait

If your partner/boyfriend/husband was lost at sea,like Tom Hanks in that movie, (or somehow missing) how long would you wait for them to be found before you laid them to rest, mentally, and move on?

Hypothetically what if you were married and your husband was missing how long would you wait? Would you take them back if they turned up years later, after you had remarried? If you were in that case how you would solve the dilemma?

well if i magically found my prince, i would wait, i really would

p.s not likely tho, i don't think the the guy exists
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Speaking for the married women here, would you like that number in minutes or seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Speaking for the married women here, would you like that number in minutes or seconds?
    NO sarcasm plz ;-)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, hypothetically, I suppose I wouldn't ever really 'move on'. I'd always hope, somehow, he found his way home.

It would probably take me at least 2 or 3 years to be even close to ready for another relationship. Mbe longer. And it would depend a lot on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Well, hypothetically, I suppose I wouldn't ever really 'move on'. I'd always hope, somehow, he found his way home.

It would probably take me at least 2 or 3 years to be even close to ready for another relationship. Mbe longer. And it would depend a lot on the person.
    Assuming you were talking about already married do you mean "it would depend a lot on the person" as in your relationship and bond with your husband or how compatible you were with the new person or combination of both?

it's true, i guess it would depend on the emotional attachment, for example if it was my younger brother emotionally i know i would never recover, i would search endlessly, even if it killed me in the process, i know i would give up everything for him, he's like my child (i reckon...don't have a child so i don't know how mothers feel) but i know i would never recover so i guess if i felt close to a partner maybe someone i felt i couldn't live without maybe i would feel the same
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 29-12-08 at 04:28 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qualia1234 View Post
    Assuming you were talking about already married do you mean "it would depend a lot on the person" as in your relationship and bond with your husband or how compatible you were with the new person or combination of both?
    The new person. He'd have to be well *ahem*... endowed?

Honestly, if I was ever single again, I doubt I would remarry. No point, really.

So, with that thought, I'll revert to my original post.... 3 minutes.

That's a difficult question to answer with a fictious significant other.

If it was my current bf, I would be deeply sadden but move on in about three or four months.

If it was my past relationship before it got bad, I would search and search and search...get counseling, etc, etc. It would take years and I probably would not recover to gain another decent relationship.

If it was the past relationship after it got bad, I am the one that probably left him lost at sea.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I'd probably sort of hang out with other women simply for the sake of comfort but never seriously and spend years and years before moving on, if moving on at all or remaining in a single life.

And resume things instantly if she'd ever come back.

That would be assuming that Id've been married or together with someone for a few years.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lost at sea but not confirmed dead?

I don't know really.

I've only known my bf for 5 months and I'm having to prepare for 6 months without him (albeit with communications), so yeah... I'm one of those that holds on till the guy either says he doesn't want me anymore or there's a damn good reason to let him go.

I'd probably be like Lipp, I'd hang around males out of comfort, but not be interested (kind of like now). Guess I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic... but I know I'd wait, hope, and risk wasting some years.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha! Look at us married ladies, indi! We are so much more practical!

If it didn't look likely he was coming back, I wouldn't wait long to get on with my life, but I also wouldn't dream of remarrying. That is what you do when you want kids, and I already have mine.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Haha! Look at us married ladies, indi! We are so much more practical!

If it didn't look likely he was coming back, I wouldn't wait long to get on with my life, but I also wouldn't dream of remarrying. That is what you do when you want kids, and I already have mine.
    Y'know Vash, (and Indie), I still have a hard time believing you would be so quick to forget.

I've been under the impression that you've both have stable relationships with your husbands, but Vash especially has always put up a front of disregard for her husband here on the forum, always citing the children as the excuse for this. What's the deal with that, am I missing something here?

I'd be heartbroken, and therefore unavailable for another relationship. God, the very idea is upsetting.

I'd say it would take at least 5-10 years for me to stop expecting him to walk through the door every day. I'd never forget him, though, and probably never quite get over it.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast