+ Follow This Topic

Thread: help me...how do you know if a girl likes you? i'm confused

help me...how do you know if a girl likes you? i'm confused

ok, There is this girl I met at the university, she Always hugs other guys beside me(she doesn't have a boyfriend) ,but i'm in the first year, and she knows the other guys from high school,and this is stopping me, but on the other side she told me a few times that 'I look fine'and when I once told her that I was depressed,but seeing her laughing made my day she seemed really flattered,and she Always listens to me and laughs at my joke....
    so ....do you think that she thinks of me just as a friend, or is it possible she likes me?it's not that I don't have enough guts to ask her straight, but i am afraid that i could ruin a potential and interesting friendship.....i realy like her....

I would say hang out with her a little more, maybe study date, and see what she's like, then ask her if you're sure.

There's no way to describe how to tell when a girl likes you. If she does, you two should just really hit it off during a conversation. It should just happen.

get to know her better and spend more time with her flirt a little and see if she flirts back...if not she's not interested, if so go for it!

If she treats u different to what she treats other guys then she likes u

Oh, for pity's sake, lagun!

You already know her well enough to ask her out without further preliminaries. If you keep waffling on this, I assure you she will eventually find a guy who won't, and you'll be "friend-zoned"!

You are acting like a simple rejection would be like a month in solitary confinement instead of just a common part of courtship if you set your standards high.

Ask her out, she's given you enough signals that she might be receptive to the idea.

Sure she may say "no" but at least you won't be rejecting yourself.

Then again, she may say "yes"

The whole thing about maybe losing a friendship doesn't ring true to me; it sounds like an excuse for inaction. Why would her not wanting to pursue a romantic relationship with you wreck your friendship?

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 01-01-09 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    it sounds like an excuse for inaction. Why would her not wanting to pursue a romantic relationship with you wreck your friendship?

Carl.
    it does ring true. friends are more valuable than boyfriends at some point in a woman's life anyway.
    it would ruin the friendship cause he would reveal that he has romantic feelings, ones that a friend is't supposed to have.

Yea i think the friendship could be ruined. but isn't the risk worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerchic View Post
    get to know her better and spend more time with her flirt a little and see if she flirts back...if not she's not interested, if so go for it!
    If she is not interested, if so go for it lmao.
    Don't expect anything.