+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very Scared and Shy About This

Very Scared and Shy About This

I am a very shy person and I need to figure out how to see this guy that I like more and come up with things to get him to talk about. See he even more shy than I am and I hardley ever get to see him. What should I do because I'm almost 16 and have never really even did alot of flirting with a guy because of this shy problem. Someone please give me some advice?

all i can say is, theres only one possible way i can see to overcome shyness without going deep into your mind with a microscope, you just hafto do this.. say to yourself, ****it, and just go for it, as long as your yourself, you cant go wrong. just dont over analyze.
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

Uhh. . .What kind of advice was that, Clifton? j/k
    I mean it's not easy for shy person to just open up like that. It takes enoumous amount of pressure and effort to just go up to person and talk. Especially if it's someone they like.

Beth, here is what you do. First, do some investigation for yourself on this guy. Find out little things about him from other people. Then come up with some creative story you can talk to him about with what you know. Of course, if he's shy aslo as you say, then persuade him to talk, but not too hard. Hopefully, he gets comfortable talking to you, and eventually you'll both engage in conversations all the time. Good luck.

dude m0by, no way!!!!!!! its like a bandaid, the easiest way is the most obvious, and scariest, but STILL the easiest, dont over analyze, just be yourself and say ****IT!!!!!! i am telling you, this works!
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

Clifton's right. It may take a while for you to get to that level, but you have to end up saying one day, "I'm sick and tired of not doing anything about things. NO more." And just basically let yourself finally loose (figuratively, meaning just go out and do it).

BTW, Clifton (and others), "**** it" is pretty much my motto. Whenever I feel apprehensive, hesitant, scared, etc, I try to just get to the point where I say, "**** it" And I just do it. And I haven't regretted not using that as my motto yet.

Since Sweetie seems to be very religious though, maybe we'll just have her say, "Go for it" instead. TO keep it more PC for the religious-folk.

Alexi

Alexi

Moby,

Who's beth?

Beth is me!

I was alot like you for a good amount of time. One day I just got sick and tired of being shy. I started telling myself that life is too short for bs like that. Haven't looked back since.