+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I met a girl on World of Warcraft

I met a girl on World of Warcraft

I just found this website a few minutes ago, and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but whatever.

Basically, while I was leveling a new character on the MMORPG World of Warcraft, I met this person in a new guild. She so happens to be a 15 year old beautiful girl that loves to play the game like I do. Now before you think I'm a pedo, I'm 17. We exchanged myspaces within hours of talking to each other, and now we talk for at least 6 hours a day, either in text or on a program called Ventrilo, where we actually talk. It's getting to the point now where I play this game only to talk to her and play with her. I hate when I have to get off, but can't wait until I can get on the next day, just so I can hear her beautiful voice again. When I'm lying in bed, all I can think about is imagining meeting her in real life and loving her like I would do if she were here. The thing I love most of all is that I really can be myself when I talk to her. I tend to be abrasive and push away a lot of people by my personality, but it doesn't affect her at all, in fact I think she likes it.

Problems:
    1. I live in Indiana, and she lives in Nevada.
    2. How do I know if she feels the same way?
    3. If she does feel the same way towards me, do I tell her online or wait to meet her in real life?

I probably left some information out, so feel free to ask me anything. halp me plzzz.

This is ridiculous. This has got to be at least the 10th mention of people trying to forum a relationship through WoW.

I'm going to ban my kids from playing any online games at this rate.

Don't waste your youth on an online relationship. Find someone local. You won't even be able to meet her for quite a while.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Does it even matter if she feels the same way? You live incredibly far away. She'd have to have her parents permission in order for you two to meet. Even with the slim chance of a meeting occurring, then what? You go back to your lives hundreds of miles apart.

See, the problem of finding someone local is that I never go out. Every relationship where one partner plays an MMO and one does not ends poorly. I need someone that also plays the game, and how the hell do I find that around here? And yes, the physical aspect of the relationship would not be there for at least another year. She is skipping her senior year of high scool, so that's at least another year after this school year is over before she can really do anything.

Thanks for the quick replies btw, that was really quick lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Manske View Post
    See, the problem of finding someone local is that I never go out. Every relationship where one partner plays an MMO and one does not ends poorly. I need someone that also plays the game, and how the hell do I find that around here? And yes, the physical aspect of the relationship would not be there for at least another year. She is skipping her senior year of high scool, so that's at least another year after this school year is over before she can really do anything.

Thanks for the quick replies btw, that was really quick lol.
    Then you need to start going out. This game could just be a phase for her. She might get a life and not play it so often.

And BS on your comment about MMOs. I play WoW, but I still have a life. My girl doesn't play WoW. My ex didn't either. The only way that a relationship will fail because you play an MMO is because you choose the MMO over her. If you do that, you're just stupid.

You really should start going out and having fun with friends and stop trying to meet people through a game.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Congratulations! You've leveled up to: [url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/25301-collection-doomed-internet-relationships.html[/url] !

Well I guess the first problem would be that I don't have many friends around here in the first place. The ones I do play video games all the time. And what do teens my age do for fun? Go to parties and get wasted? Doesn't sound like fun to me... I hate that society has established this "normal" teenage life for us, and if we don't follow we're considered outcasts or weird. What the hell does "going out" even mean? Btw, I probably shouldn't have said "everyone," but I have heard countless stories of relationships ending because of MMOs.

Well I guess the first problem would be that I don't have many friends around here in the first place. The ones I do play video games all the time. And what do teens my age do for fun? Go to parties and get wasted? Doesn't sound like fun to me... I hate that society has established this "normal" teenage life for us, and if we don't follow we're considered outcasts or weird. What the hell does "going out" even mean? Btw, I probably shouldn't have said "everyone," but I have heard countless stories of relationships ending because of MMOs.
    Yeah, they end because one person neglects the other.

Going out doesn't mean you have to get wasted. Go to the movies, go bowling, play mini golf... just hang out and socialize.

Well since we seem to have gotten off topic, it's not like I'm just going to stop talking to her in game. I don't think telling me that the distance is I shouldn't pursue her. In fact, that's one of the beauties of an MMO. They provide an environment for relationships that happen to be long distance to flourish imo. So is there any HELPFUL advice out there?

Well since we seem to have gotten off topic, it's not like I'm just going to stop talking to her in game. I don't think telling me that the distance is I shouldn't pursue her. In fact, that's one of the beauties of an MMO. They provide an environment for relationships that happen to be long distance to flourish imo. So is there any HELPFUL advice out there?
    No offense, but no relationship will flourish without having ever met the person and without physical contact more than once a year.

I stand by my statement that though you may not have outgrown this game, unless she's entirely unattractive, she eventually will.

Offer to show her your collection of Drizzt Do'Urden books. Maybe you could give her a glass dragon.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Yes. Stop daydreaming and form a real relationship with a real person that you can actually touch. That IS the helpful advice. Do you really think you're the only person to have done this? And I have some great friends from MMO's that I've actually met in person. You know what, every single one of them has some sort of mental disorder that they're ignoring in their lives because they choose to socialize via the internet rather than in person.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only helpful advice anyone can give you has all ready been provided. Delete WoW from your computer. Go out. Live. Enjoy your youth. Don't become another fat, unintelligent virgin who can't tear himself away from a money-making scheme in the guise of a virtual world.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

So is there any HELPFUL advice out there?
    Okay, since no one is going to give the real HELPFUL! alternative and advice, here is one

Go out and find a job and start saving up for a plane ticket. Wait one year until she is 16. Ask your parents to accompany you on your travel after explaining to them what it will be for. Then fly to Nevada with them for your first date. Fly back home when it's over and start saving up for the plane ticket for your second date. Once this is done, ask one of your parents to accompany you back to Nevada for the second date, repeat until the two of you are in a relationship.

Once you are in the relationship, ask your parents to relocate to Nevada where all of you will be starting a new life happily together.

Good luck
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Online relationships don't work at all. Once the excitement of exhausted every topic with someone has gone, you'll eventually be craving physical contact. What's the point of discussing your favourite foods/movies etc if you can't share it with them?

Plus, waiting around for months before you can see each other next will be very hard. How can a real relationship be established?

Save yourself the anguish and don't pursue a relationship.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast