+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals, what should I do?

Mixed signals, what should I do?

I recently been talking to this guy for well over a month we have been hanging out but coincidently each time only been w/friends but each time we would flirt. I know for a fact that he knows I like him. We've kissed a few times but lately I don't know what is going on. He usually texts me first daily, might be short conversations/long ones. Sometimes I'll text him first once in a while.
    We were suppose to hang out last week tuesday but he came down w/the flu and he called to hang out for a few hours on thursday but I was a little hung over and went to bed early he had to work late. So I asked when did he want to hang out so he mentioned monday or tuesday so I said monday would be fine and we would play it by ear. So yesterday he didn't text me at all so I just texted him(around 8:30pm) asking so did you still want to hang out? He texted me right away and said he was at work got called in. So i said another time then and he said defintely. What got me was why couldn't he just text/call me to let me know. Later that night he texted me saying how i'm doing but I kind of ignored it.
    Today he saw my status on myspace and he texted me in the morning about it(seemed caring) and had a flirty conversation. Later I was texting him just joking around saying i'm freezing warm me up and he said what am i doing and i said at home for now and he is like for now? be careful roads are icy so I was joking about i'll just come over to his house and he said he wouldn't be able to keep his hands off of me. So we kept flirting and such. He had an upset stomach and was home. I was also telling him how I'm going to be busy/he will see me less(haven't seen him almost for a few weeks) and he said why and i said cause of school starts up hoping he would say lets hang b4 you start and i also was hoping he would take the hint to have me over when I said so are you going to keep me warm or do i have to get starbucks and that is all he said was nice, (kind of made me mad) so a few other texts later I just said I hope you feel better and i'll ttyl and he said ok beautiful.
    So i don't know if I'm thinking too much or what. I'm trying hard to be laidback about this. Idk if he just sees me as a friend or if he is being shady. For the most part I do trust him but Idk if he is playing games and just wasting my time.
    Am I doing something wrong and maybe I just need to chill out or what?
    I would love to hang out w/him just me and him but I know I can't be the one the keeps asking(few times he asked). Does he like me?
    Input would be great, i really do like this guy but if you see that maybe he isn't worth my time then least I know I can move on.
    Thank you greatly for the input!

Sounds like he's interested. And sometimes when you're called in to work you don't really have time to txt people that you will be late/whatever. Depends upon whom is looking over your shoulder while Rome burns ya know?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

If he initiates conversation (which he does) he's most likely interested.
    I know it's not really conventional, but just ask him out on a date and you'll know afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyedgrl View Post
    I recently been talking to this guy for well over a month we have been hanging out but coincidently each time only been w/friends but each time we would flirt. I know for a fact that he knows I like him. We've kissed a few times but lately I don't know what is going on. He usually texts me first daily, might be short conversations/long ones. Sometimes I'll text him first once in a while.
    We were suppose to hang out last week tuesday but he came down w/the flu and he called to hang out for a few hours on thursday but I was a little hung over and went to bed early he had to work late. So I asked when did he want to hang out so he mentioned monday or tuesday so I said monday would be fine and we would play it by ear. So yesterday he didn't text me at all so I just texted him(around 8:30pm) asking so did you still want to hang out? He texted me right away and said he was at work got called in. So i said another time then and he said defintely. What got me was why couldn't he just text/call me to let me know. Later that night he texted me saying how i'm doing but I kind of ignored it.
    Today he saw my status on myspace and he texted me in the morning about it(seemed caring) and had a flirty conversation. Later I was texting him just joking around saying i'm freezing warm me up and he said what am i doing and i said at home for now and he is like for now? be careful roads are icy so I was joking about i'll just come over to his house and he said he wouldn't be able to keep his hands off of me. So we kept flirting and such. He had an upset stomach and was home. I was also telling him how I'm going to be busy/he will see me less(haven't seen him almost for a few weeks) and he said why and i said cause of school starts up hoping he would say lets hang b4 you start and i also was hoping he would take the hint to have me over when I said so are you going to keep me warm or do i have to get starbucks and that is all he said was nice, (kind of made me mad) so a few other texts later I just said I hope you feel better and i'll ttyl and he said ok beautiful.
    So i don't know if I'm thinking too much or what. I'm trying hard to be laidback about this. Idk if he just sees me as a friend or if he is being shady. For the most part I do trust him but Idk if he is playing games and just wasting my time.
    Am I doing something wrong and maybe I just need to chill out or what?
    I would love to hang out w/him just me and him but I know I can't be the one the keeps asking(few times he asked). Does he like me?
    Input would be great, i really do like this guy but if you see that maybe he isn't worth my time then least I know I can move on.
    Thank you greatly for the input!

He's stood you up what ... 3 times? And he never initiates conversations now?

My take is that the two of you ... yes you too ... ("Later that night he texted me saying how i'm doing but I kind of ignored it." is a game too) are going to game play out of a relationship, or he's lost interest.

Carl.