+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is this guy doing??

What is this guy doing??

Hi all, I met this guy a few years back in college, we dated a little while, then he broke up with me for.. I still have no idea why actually.
    Somehow we started texting again, just randomly about nothing really. Then suddenly he throws in a text "I should have married you and had kids with you" ?? Of course, as any girl who had her heart broken by this guy would jump to the conclusion of him wanting her back..I hint around, try finding out why he is saying this after 5 years and also try to find out why it ended when I hadn't wanted it to. He ignores me for months after that. I don't get it..we break up when things are going well with him never explaining to me why (even though I embarrassed the crap out of myself many times while pouring my heart out to him asking him to just tell me what I did wrong so I could move on), we talk on and off with him saying things like "I miss you" "I should have married you" and so on just for him to blow me off over and over again.

What is he doing? is he just playing a game or is it something more? I'm sick of it because I always wanted him back and I feel like he is breaking my heart each time he says something like that then goes away again. Is he just trying to string me along and goes to me when he feels lonely then leaves when he finds someone else? Any insight? Be as blunt as you want! I need to get over this jerk and move on for good...
    Last edited by Sadie123; 09-01-09 at 09:10 AM.

He's keeping you around as his backup in case his current relationship fails.

Do yourself a favor and stop talking to him.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I agree. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie123 View Post
    Hi all, I met this guy a few years back in college, we dated a little while, then he broke up with me for.. I still have no idea why actually.
    Somehow we started texting again, just randomly about nothing really. Then suddenly he throws in a text "I should have married you and had kids with you" ?? Of course, as any girl who had her heart broken by this guy would jump to the conclusion of him wanting her back..I hint around, try finding out why he is saying this after 5 years and also try to find out why it ended when I hadn't wanted it to. He ignores me for months after that. I don't get it..we break up when things are going well with him never explaining to me why (even though I embarrassed the crap out of myself many times while pouring my heart out to him asking him to just tell me what I did wrong so I could move on), we talk on and off with him saying things like "I miss you" "I should have married you" and so on just for him to blow me off over and over again.

What is he doing? is he just playing a game or is it something more? I'm sick of it because I always wanted him back and I feel like he is breaking my heart each time he says something like that then goes away again. Is he just trying to string me along and goes to me when he feels lonely then leaves when he finds someone else? Any insight? Be as blunt as you want! I need to get over this jerk and move on for good...
    Sadie, my take on it is that if the person cared enough, he would not be carelessly saying words like "should have married you" which carry so much weight and then ignoring you. There are a lot of wonderful guys out there. I would move on.
    oops!

thanks guys