+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for this forum

Suggestions for this forum

I think that if the administrators of this forum actually want the active member base to go certain steps should be taken.
    • Make a list of rules and sticky them in each forum
    • Appoint more moderators that are mature and will enforce these rules
    • Make most forums 'serious discussion only'
    • Make one or more humorous forums
    • If a moderator closes a thread he/she should state a reason
    • If forum members break rules they should receive a ban as a result

Most successful forums seem to do it this way. I believe that there is great potential for this forum as you can see from the huge influx of new users. But I believe that one of the main reasons they don't stick around is because of some of the shit people post in threads in an attempt to be funny.

At least the forum owner should have an interest to have it grow and prosper as he/she can make much more money through advertising this way.

I'm not posting this in order to be appointed as a moderator, I don't really have much interest in that. I'm doing so to make it a place where lots of people can come for advice and serious discussions (and some fun as well).

Given the nature of these forums I realise that I might get ridiculed by some of the 'funny' people here, but I'll risk it.

Leave your suggestions, do you agree or do you think it's a stupid idea?

This is becoming all too common here, and might I add, very annoying. Alot of you are taking yourselves waaayyyy too seriously. I know when I make a joke on someone's situation, it is because it sounds ridiculous as ****, or because someone else made a funny comment about it. I know I am not going to console you if you're doing bullshit. I'm not gonna kiss your ass to make you feel better cuz you ****ed up and want a way back into the person's heart. If I dont see it happening, even if I say it in a harsh way, I will tell you. If I become harsh, it's because you need to snap the **** back into reality and realize how ignorant you sound. Everyone here has had advice given to them, harsh and all. I had my days of getting harsh advice. But you know what, in the end it was very much appreciated. I dont like all the comments given on here, but you know what, that's something you gotta get the **** over.

What I am trying to understand is why do you continue visiting the site if you do not appreciate how you are treated. This isnt a "peace not war" forum. I believe everybody speaks their mind here, and if it means hurting a few people then so be it. Stop being so over sensitive. I dont want to meet you in the real world if you're so sensitive over the internet. I mean come on, it's the frikken internet....jeebus.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    What I am trying to understand is why do you continue visiting the site if you do not appreciate how you are treated. This isnt a "peace not war" forum. I believe everybody speaks their mind here, and if it means hurting a few people then so be it. Stop being so over sensitive. I dont want to meet you in the real world if you're so sensitive over the internet. I mean come on, it's the frikken internet....jeebus.
    I personally haven't been treated badly here and I have a pretty thick hide, but this type of crap just stops interesting conversations in their tracks.
    For example in one thread a kid told of his first kiss and then some idiot asked if he could still tasted the guy's dick the girl last sucked.
    It's just not appropriate and I don't believe people should be treated that way.
    If you start a forum called 'loveforum' then I'd expect it wasn't created with the thought of making fun of inexperienced or unhappy people in mind.

By all means have a forum on here where you can release your PMS, but I think it's either a forum where you can ask serious questions or it's not.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you sound like a fag.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

As for the first kiss situation...that guy handled it well. He made a funny comment back and thats what is liked around here. Not taking things personal. You're not gonna get people to be all nice to you and shit regardless of where you are. In the real world AND the internet. You HAVE to suck it up and move on. There are alot of other things to worry about in life than that. Just laugh it off, sned a comeback, and move on.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    you sound like a fag.
    And you sound like an uneducated, stupid and bigoted American.

Does anybody have any suggestions of a forum that's about interpersonal relationships and well moderated?

As for the first kiss situation...that guy handled it well.
    True, but the person who posted it could not have known this beforehand.

You're not gonna get people to be all nice to you and shit regardless of where you are. In the real world AND the internet.
    I disagree to an extent, I think there is virtually no chance that the guy above would have said that I sound like a fag to my face in real life. It's the typical keyboard warrior mentality, some person that doesn't deal well with life and just wants to look tough online (maybe overanalysed, but you get the point).

The person who posted the comment to the guy always says shit like that. We're all used to it.

I am not saying people will show the same face they show on the net, but people arent gonna respect you in the real world as well. So its not just the internet that people are rude.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by yegdulps View Post
    I personally haven't been treated badly here and I have a pretty thick hide, but this type of crap just stops interesting conversations in their tracks.
    For example in one thread a kid told of his first kiss and then some idiot asked if he could still tasted the guy's dick the girl last sucked.
    It's just not appropriate and I don't believe people should be treated that way.
    If you start a forum called 'loveforum' then I'd expect it wasn't created with the thought of making fun of inexperienced or unhappy people in mind.

By all means have a forum on here where you can release your PMS, but I think it's either a forum where you can ask serious questions or it's not.
    Contact a mod if you have an issue with a post or thread. There is a 'report' button in the bottom right of each post. But use sparingly or the mods will infract YOU. Anyway, that's what you do instead of starting threads like this one. Suggestions for some improvements are being discussed already.

You are new here. You won't be asked to be a mod anyway b/c you haven't proven yourself, so no worries there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And you sound like an uneducated, stupid and bigoted American.
    hahaha I'm actually from SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Contact a mod if you have an issue with a post or thread. There is a 'report' button in the bottom right of each post. But use sparingly or the mods will infract YOU. Anyway, that's what you do instead of starting threads like this one. Suggestions for some improvements are being discussed already.
    I reported something on here and nothing happened, I believe it was that very post and nothing happened. The moderators on here don't behave like moderators on other forums that I frequent.

Looking at this suggestion forum it does not seem like there are any active threads discussing these topics. There was another one that discussed different problems but that was locked without explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You are new here. You won't be asked to be a mod anyway b/c you haven't proven yourself, so no worries there.
    That's fair enough. One of the reasons I posted it is because I didn't want to be seen like someone that's just power hungry and wants to implement changes just to move up the food chain. That is not my intention.

On a different note, is the vB 'ignore' feature not implemented on these forums so that I could just block people like that out?

You need a button for that? Just ignore them!!!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yegdulps I think it would be best for all concerned if you just moved on and found another forum.

You need a button for that? Just ignore them!!!
    I found it, click on a person's avatar and then you can add them to your ignore list.
    Just makes it a little easier.

I think that if the administrators of this forum actually want the active member base to go certain steps should be taken.
    • Make a list of rules and sticky them in each forum
    • Appoint more moderators that are mature and will enforce these rules
    • Make most forums 'serious discussion only'
    • Make one or more humorous forums
    • If a moderator closes a thread he/she should state a reason
    • If forum members break rules they should receive a ban as a result

Most successful forums seem to do it this way. I believe that there is great potential for this forum as you can see from the huge influx of new users. But I believe that one of the main reasons they don't stick around is because of some of the shit people post in threads in an attempt to be funny.

At least the forum owner should have an interest to have it grow and prosper as he/she can make much more money through advertising this way.

I'm not posting this in order to be appointed as a moderator, I don't really have much interest in that. I'm doing so to make it a place where lots of people can come for advice and serious discussions (and some fun as well).

Given the nature of these forums I realise that I might get ridiculed by some of the 'funny' people here, but I'll risk it.

Leave your suggestions, do you agree or do you think it's a stupid idea?
    nope i disagree wholeheartedly, i have recently been to a forum like this and it was boring as hell!!!!!!!! too many strict rules dumbs down the fun. people need to toughen up and lighten up and anyway there are a mixture of good and bad discussions like what you would have with your best mate. some people are not so nice to newbies but so many others are, take the good with the bad and stop being a do-gooder. i feel like loveforum has become a good friend. don't try to ruin it on me.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 09-01-09 at 10:31 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast