+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Grand Romantic Gestures

Grand Romantic Gestures

This may not be the right folder for this but I was wondering what grand (or not so grand) gestures some of us have made for those we love or would love if they would hold still long enough!

I mentioned one of mine the six month GI Joe anniversary party - I went to the bf's house and he was in a foul mood, tinkering under the hood, so I told him I had errands to run and would be back. I went to a party store and bought all the kid's stuff for a GI Joe party, picked up his favorite subs, and even a cake. When I got back he was still tinkering and grumbling, so I decorate the dining room complete with GI Joe parachuting down from the ceiling! I called him in for lunch and he was speechless!

My most recent gesture was much smaller - I was talking about seeing Troy and I seemed to have touched a nerve - Drew was a bit prickly about Brad Pitt so I sent him a sweet letter assuring him that I prefered my HANDSOME REAL man to BEAUTIFUL Brad Pitt.

So come on I'm sure I'm not the only cornball out there!

J

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

No youre not the only cornball honey! I did things in the past to show how much I care-now mind you I was like 20 so I was lame...omg how lame...my boyfriend and I were fighting and I felt bad as hell...begged him to come over and hed agreed-so i hurried up and filled a shit load of balloons up and spelled out I love you on the wall with it...he loved it...dumb dumb dumb...but it worked like a charm!

Ive got some things up my sleeve for Iron-but holding out til the right moment...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.