+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friend With Benefits?? Actual expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    poor girly males.
    I rep being a so called 'girly-male'.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

That was quite a response. Good to hear what others had to say. I think my question has been answered. The thing I was wondering about was addressed, which is basically if someone says that what she wants, what are the odds of ever going from that perspective to a serious relationship. Sounds like the odds are close to zero.

For what it is worth, and beyond the scope of my original question, I have always believed that a true frienship, which includes caring for the other person, is the basis for establishing a LTR.
    Sounds to me then like a Friend with benefits is probably not likely to be a true friend by my definition of frienship.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    You said that you are not a relationship type of person. So who the hell do you ****?

Oh nevermind...you're a virgin?
    I'm not a virgin and I am not a relationship type. That doesn't mean I am not with girls if you catch my drift.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I'm being facetious .

I do catch your drift.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I didn't mean to imply that the wife cheated. I meant that she had sex with the poolboy in her past.
    Whats the difference? Sex is sex, no matter when and what the paper work said when it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Whats the difference? Sex is sex, no matter when and what the paper work said when it was done.
    It makes a huge difference. I am just clarifying that it was not cheating.

Dude relax.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

It makes a huge difference. I am just clarifying that it was not cheating.

Dude relax.
    I am relaxed and it being cheating wasn't the point in the first place. It was that he has to do more work to get the same goal a simple pool boy got.

Look. Some people are able to detach sex from love and some aren't. For many people the act of having sex with someone they do not care about leaves them generally feeling empty inside.

A fwb situation is usually when you have two people in a very close and fairly intimate relationship. They might be former lovers, they might just be friends who have sexual needs and finds each other relatively safe as a person to fulfill that.

That's what FWB means to me. I think most people confuse FWB with Booty Call. Which is basically when someone calls you up at 1 am and says, "Hey, why don't you come over and bring some beer?" You show up, you ****, you leave. You don't sleep over (unless you pass out because you're too drunk), you don't keep a toothbrush there. You're there for the sex, and then you're gone. That's it, no strings attached. If you don't hear from the person for 2 months, it's no big deal.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12