+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: confused by his actions

confused by his actions

my man bought me a ring...engagement ring and wedding band combined, and asked me to wear it on my wedding ring finger, and he says its a promise ring. does this mean that this is all I can expect? or can I expect/hope for a real wedding one day? I am a bit confused...why spend that much money if its just a "promise" ring.

why we women have to question everything men do
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Because I want him to be my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by annoyed23 View Post
    my man bought me a ring...engagement ring and wedding band combined, and asked me to wear it on my wedding ring finger, and he says its a promise ring. does this mean that this is all I can expect? or can I expect/hope for a real wedding one day? I am a bit confused...why spend that much money if its just a "promise" ring.
    How long are the two of you together? Also, did you hint that you really wanted to get married? .

he knows I want to get married, its no secret. But hes also told me he wants to too (without me hinting). We have been together almost 3 years, and have a 5 month old daughter together.

he knows I want to get married, its no secret. But hes also told me he wants to too (without me hinting). We have been together almost 3 years, and have a 5 month old daughter together.
    Perhaps do something like this.

Lay on the couch, and take his hand, if he has a ring too. Then take his and yours off. Give him yours. Then kneel and put his ring over his finger and ask him to marry you! Or is that not such a good idea? Doesn't always have to be the guy right .

I also dont want to rush him, I have thought about this too...I want him to be ready.

I also dont want to rush him, I have thought about this too...I want him to be ready.
    Well if its a special ring + wedding band together, maybe it was a hint? Perhaps ask him subtle about it.

but he went through the trouble and expense of getting you an engagement/wedding rings. what's there to question? how paranoid do you have to be?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Get him one too.
    Spammer Spanker

im not paranoid. I am wondering if I should bring it up...or if i should wait for him to. clearly he isnt ready if he didnt ask me. history: we were engaged once before and he freaked out and we broke up for a few weeks. he said "once we have the money we will get married"...but I wanna do it now...even if its just a simple wedding in the court house.

im not paranoid. I am wondering if I should bring it up...or if i should wait for him to. clearly he isnt ready if he didnt ask me. history: we were engaged once before and he freaked out and we broke up for a few weeks. he said "once we have the money we will get married"...but I wanna do it now...even if its just a simple wedding in the court house.
    how did he present his gift this time?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Girls are funny.

If you can't even TALK about it, how are you supposed to be able to deal with being married?
    Spammer Spanker

What's the point of a promise ring? Isn't that what an engagement ring is supposed to be?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast