+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Casual kiss, or more?

Casual kiss, or more?

Okay, so I'm finding myself in another situation where I would be so grateful for some advice!

I added a guy from my college on a networking site, because I'd noticed him around and always thought he was attractive. I never thought I'd have the opportunity to really get to know him as we don't really hang in the same circles, but then a couple of weeks ago, I just thought what the hell, and went for it. We commented a few times, and he told me he was going to the same party as me at the weekend.
    So, at the party, when he arrived, I noticed he was looking over in my direction quite a lot, and I went over and struck up conversation, as you do! It got flirty, and he ended up with his arm around my waist at one point. He was touching me quite frequently (not in a perverted way) and was teasing me a lot. I noticed that a few of his friends came up to us and were really friendly towards me, calling me a "lovely lady" and stuff! We were both tipsy, but not drunk. Eventually, he had to go so he gave me a big hug, and as he pulled away he kissed me. We must have kissed quite a few times, because every time he went to leave he came back over and kissed me again!

So I left the party kind of indifferent about where this would go; I liked him but didn't really mind if it was just a one-off or if it would go further. But then I found that I actually was counting down the days until I would see him again! I didn't hear from him until two days later, but I didn't have his number and I didn't see him. Today, he seemed pretty awkward, he avoided eye contact with me the first two times I saw him. Later on, he kept looking across the room at me. I went over to talk to him, and he smiled as I said hi, but then I had a phone call and he vanished pretty quickly before I had a chance to talk!

I'm finding it hard to tell if he's trying to give me the brush off, or if he is just shy after Saturday. He told a mutual friend that he liked me on Saturday night, and another friend said that he'd seemed encouraging when I tried to talk to him today. But then, if he feels that way, why does he seem so awkward around me?
    Please help!

Sounds like hes just shy more than anything.

I'm guessing hes a little more reserved guy and that he probably really found you attractive. He stepped outside his normal comfort zone at the party and clearly showed interest.

If hes never really done that before then hes probably not really sure what you think of it and still trying to figure out what prompted him to push himself.

Guys don't generally care about kissing, I highly doubt thats all he was after, he seemed to interested in you to "one-off."

Be friendly and attentive with him, like I said I bet hes just a little shell shocked or something.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger