+ Follow This Topic

Thread: teenage crush help

redw04 Guest

teenage crush help

hi, i am a 14 year old male named chris. to any ladies viewing this, i need your help

you see, there is this girl i, her name is jessica. i am in love, but the problem is, she only "likes" me. i just asked her to be my girlfriend yesterday but she told me she is taking a break from dating because of a bad experience. now i had a couple of questions.

1. is this true? or was she just saying this to soften the rejection blow.

2. is it okay to ask her to a dance? the dance is in 3 weeks, and i thought that it would be allright to ask her, but i need a womans opinion.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by redw04 View Post
    hi, i am a 14 year old male named chris. to any ladies viewing this, i need your help

you see, there is this girl i, her name is jessica. i am in love, but the problem is, she only "likes" me. i just asked her to be my girlfriend yesterday but she told me she is taking a break from dating because of a bad experience. now i had a couple of questions.

1. is this true? or was she just saying this to soften the rejection blow.

2. is it okay to ask her to a dance? the dance is in 3 weeks, and i thought that it would be allright to ask her, but i need a womans opinion.
    she doesn't seem to be into you and probably is awaiting for someone else to go to the dance with. stay friends with her if you don't want your ego hurt. she might change her mind about you later on and will let you know if she does feel "love" for you.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I'm going to tell it how it is...

First of all you're young and naive. You're not in love, don't say you're in love. Love takes time, it's more than a feeling and it's more than just a physical attraction to someone. It takes time being with someone you like to love them. You're infatuated and like her.

Second did you just flat out ask her if she would be your girlfriend? If you did...big no no, that would be kind of awkward. You should have asked her out on a date, to get something to eat, or to hang out. Then after going out for some time ask her where you two stand as boyfriend/girlfriend.

As for this one girl you like. Not going to happen. She said she's not available because she's not interested in you that way. As for the dance, it's all up to you. But don't get your hopes up.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Love takes time, it's more than a feeling and it's more than just a physical attraction to someone. It takes time being with someone you like to love them.
    sounds like someone has never been in love...what about love at first sight?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

love at first sight is the definition of bull****anization.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    sounds like someone has never been in love...what about love at first sight?
    You mean infatuation? Yea I think 1aj covered that

redw04 Guest
    thanks all, i appreciate your help. i will just have to move on, is there any way that this could work out?

redw04 Guest
    she doesn't seem to be into you and probably is awaiting for someone else to go to the dance with. stay friends with her if you don't want your ego hurt. she might change her mind about you later on and will let you know if she does feel "love" for you.
    thanks i appreciate your hasty and thurough response

Hey Chris, I'm sorry it does sound a bit like a softened rejection blow but there is still a chance that what she is saying is true. I definately reckon you ought to ask her to this dance though as this is the perfect opportunity to find out for sure whether she is rejecting you or whether she truelly is just taking a break, as it's not so direct as asking her straightout to be your girlfriend. Of course easily said than done but if you want to know for sure you're going to have to bite the bullet and be prepared for rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    love at first sight is the definition of bull****anization.
    The other way around for me. I have yet to see this other love that is not at first sight.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by redw04 View Post

She is 14, what kind of experiences can a 14 year old have already? Gimmie a break. What a poor excuse. Unless her dad raped her or some shit as a child. What kind of dating experience does a freaking 14 year old have lol?

Question is after getting turned down like that for someone else should he give a **** enough next time? the answer is no.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 06-02-09 at 11:23 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I didn't want a boyfriend when I was 14. Chris, I think she was just trying to let you down easy. Try to take it with dignity.

You can ask her to the dance, but be prepared for another rejection. Do NOT attempt to go "just as friends" with her. You want to date her, not get pedicures together.
    Spammer Spanker