+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Vday again... thinking for different gift ideas?

Vday again... thinking for different gift ideas?

Hey ladies,

its vday again. just met a pretty cool gal, and i'm having trouble thinking of a better gift then just flowers and chocolate.

Any thoughts?

D

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, how about going to a spa together?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I'm not a female but I'll give my input. My g/f and I are in a LDR so i dont get to see her much. Tend to pamper her when i can. Plans for v-day are to cook her a fantastic supper for the two of us and then run a hot bath for her (so i can prepare the rest of it). I'm going to make a trail of fresh rose petals to her room from the bathroom and cover her bed with them as well. I have a dozen heart shaped candles around the room that will be lit and a single rose being held by a valentines bear. Plans are to spend a romantic evening together.

thanks for tha responses!

ronrisa: i really like the spa idea, but the relationship is still kinda new. might be too much??

nd: sounds like a nice idea. maybe i can find a toned down version of this.

my mind keeps telling me not to go over the top? anything wrong with that. we've been together close 2 mnts. i wish it werent winter here.. id love to take her to the zoo
    Your body is just another tool for your mind to use

2 months is pretty fresh - i'd say take her out on a nice date (dinner/movie) and give her a card with a nice cheesy v-day gift (bear/hearts/chocolates - something) - just make sure you treat her like you feel and make it sincere.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dfaison99 View Post
    thanks for tha responses!

ronrisa: i really like the spa idea, but the relationship is still kinda new. might be too much??
    spa is never too much, there are a lot of great ideas on Goldstar, including half off on spas. you won't be seeing each other naked but enjoying the company of each other in a romantic and a relaxing atmosphere.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by nd_guy View Post
    2 months is pretty fresh - i'd say take her out on a nice date (dinner/movie) and give her a card with a nice cheesy v-day gift (bear/hearts/chocolates - something) - just make sure you treat her like you feel and make it sincere.
    I agree with nd, 2 months is too early for going over the top. If anything, you could think through all the conversations and in-jokes you've shared. Like if she mentioned she always wanted to read a certain book, get her that. Heck, if she said she wants to try cooking indian, get her spicy curry powder and say in the card you'd love to make a hot meal with her.

I'm not saying you should do that specifically, maybe she hates curry. My point is customise it to her, and only you can do that.
    Yes, it's corny, but it's sweet and shows that you were listening to her desires, and it's inexpensive.
    but the plain old card and chocolates is perfectly acceptable at this stage too

Paint a picture that captures the essence of your feelings for her.

Make a scrap book using things from your diary that you wrote over the years about her, including special momentos and such.

Put rose petals on the floor in a special kind of way. Spell out her favorite romantic poem or something. Set up the lighting in the house for a romantic mood.

Jesus Christ, no wonder Valentine's day is so meaningless. Nobody bothers to try and make their lover feel special anymore. There's nothing sentimental about it anymore.

Go buy a ****ing $5 box of chocolates in a cute little heart shaped box.

Hello dFaison99, I've got a few ideas for you that might help. First off, most girls love to dress up and most girls love photos too, so you could book a proffessional photo session for the two of you. Though if you don't have a lot of money, because I here these things can get quite pricey then get her something that requires effort to obtain. For example I would be quite impressed if a guy bought me lingerie, knowing he would have had to endure quite an uncomfortable siuation in which all the women in the store thought he was some creepy pervert in order to obtain it. Also this way if I don't really like the look of it, it could still be worn hidden underneath my clothes. However if you feel uncomfortable giving her underwear for Valentines then try jewellery instead, something like a locket/heart-shaped piece. Perfume is a good safe option too. Well good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by nd_guy View Post
    I have a dozen heart shaped candles around the room that will be lit and a single rose being held by a valentines bear. Plans are to spend a romantic evening together.
    I just wanted to share the little tidbit that I have always HATED it when guys gave me gifts that were childish. ****ing hate teddy bears, especially.

Maybe she'll love it, but I suggest you pay attention to her reaction. The rest of it sounds absolutely perfect.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She might like the stuffed animals if she is a teenager, but a grown woman? uhhh.... not so much, maybe.

Otherwise, I agree with Tiay - something thoughtful, but inexpensive. You've only been seeing her a couple of months. What are her hobbies/interests? (I love the book idea.)

Cooking her dinner is very sweet and romantic, too. Also, a great way to impress. Can you do that?

Flowers and chocolate is traditional, and honestly, there is nothing at all wrong with that, especially for a short-term girlfriend.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I just wanted to share the little tidbit that I have always HATED it when guys gave me gifts that were childish. ****ing hate teddy bears, especially.

Maybe she'll love it, but I suggest you pay attention to her reaction. The rest of it sounds absolutely perfect.
    She'll like it - she collects bears from holidays - its not like a kiddie's bear - its a collectible from boyde bears.

since this is still a pretty fresh relationship, valentine's day would be a good time to show her just how much you've learnt about her since you started going out. you could try a picnic where you can get together her favourite snacks, drink etc.
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."