+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to finish a Valentines Day card

How to finish a Valentines Day card

I have been seeing this girl for the past month, we have just been hanging out, but we like each other.

I'm a little confused on how to finish the Valentines day card. Is it normal to end it as "Love *insert name*" for someone I have only been seeing for the last month? Or should it just be "From *insert name*"

I'm not sure if there is some sort of exception on Valentines day to be able to use the word Love in a card without having those "feelings" for the person.

In my opinion I think when the word 'love' is used in a letter to replace 'from' it takes on a much more casual form than actually saying it. In a letter it more so means that you care about the addressee rather than to have an emotional/sexual attachment to them and is not inclusive to lovers but can be used between family and friends also. If you use the word 'from' it seems a bit distancing making the letter more formal than affectionate. But if you still feel uncomfortable using the L-word at this stage of the relationship other good endings are "yours truely", "yours faithfully" or "sincerely yours".

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't use "love", or she will start planning your wedding. Try "warmly" or "fondly", or simply write something like "looking forward to spending more time with you" and then sign your name.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

thanks for the help.

I think something along the lines of "looking forward to spending more time with you" will work best in my situation